Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > "Connect Automatically" to Wireless Connections

"Connect Automatically" to Wireless Connections

Daddy

When I view the available Wireless Network Connections in Windows 7, all the
wireless networks have a check mark in "Connect automatically." I'm not sure
if this is the Windows 7 default or if it was pre-configured this way by my
OEM.

In any case, shouldn't these check marks be removed from all other wireless
networks besides my own? Some of the wireless networks in my neighborhood
have no security at all, and I wouldn't want any of my PCs to be part of
that.

If I may ask a second question: The last network in the list of Available
Wireless Networks is simply called "Other Network". Does that mean something
special?

Thanks for your help.

Daddy