Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Seagull in Brighton - Google Street View

Seagull in Brighton - Google Street View

whisky-dave

Be patient while it loads the street view.

Seagull in Brighton - Google Street View
http://bit.ly/aaXBh3

I guess these camera are P&Ses

Paul Heslop

whisky-dave wrote:

> Be patient while it loads the street view.
>
> Seagull in Brighton - Google Street View
> http://bit.ly/aaXBh3
>
> I guess these camera are P&Ses

what do you reckon?
http://ekstreme.com/images/google-st...w-camera-1.jpg
--
Paul (we break easy)
Stop and Look

whisky-dave

"Paul Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> whisky-dave wrote:
>>
>> Be patient while it loads the street view.
>>
>> Seagull in Brighton - Google Street View
>> http://bit.ly/aaXBh3
>>
>> I guess these camera are P&Ses

> what do you reckon?
> http://ekstreme.com/images/google-st...w-camera-1.jpg
> --

Wow that's an ugly camera, wouldn't want that hanging around my neck.

Wish iwas here to catch this.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/8574609.stm

Paul Heslop

whisky-dave wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > whisky-dave wrote:
> >>
> >> Be patient while it loads the street view.
> >>
> >> Seagull in Brighton - Google Street View
> >> http://bit.ly/aaXBh3
> >>
> >> I guess these camera are P&Ses

> > what do you reckon?
> > http://ekstreme.com/images/google-st...w-camera-1.jpg
> > --

> Wow that's an ugly camera, wouldn't want that hanging around my neck.
>
> Wish iwas here to catch this.....
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/8574609.stm

heh, yeah, a few folks have mentioned it elsewhere.
--
Paul (we break easy)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Chris H

In message <ho004c$bvj$1@qmul>, whisky-dave <whisky-
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> writes

>"Paul Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> whisky-dave wrote:
>>>
>>> Be patient while it loads the street view.
>>>
>>> Seagull in Brighton - Google Street View
>>> http://bit.ly/aaXBh3
>>>
>>> I guess these camera are P&Ses

>> what do you reckon?
>> http://ekstreme.com/images/google-st...w-camera-1.jpg
>> --

>Wow that's an ugly camera, wouldn't want that hanging around my neck.
>
>Wish iwas here to catch this.....
>
>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/8574609.stm

The question really is why did the video go on utube and not to the
police?

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

? "Paul Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> ?????? ??? ??????
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> whisky-dave wrote:
>>
>> "Paul Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > what do you reckon?
>> > http://ekstreme.com/images/google-st...w-camera-1.jpg
>> > --

>> Wow that's an ugly camera, wouldn't want that hanging around my neck.
>>
>> Wish iwas here to catch this.....
>>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/8574609.stm

> heh, yeah, a few folks have mentioned it elsewhere.
> --

I've read about a similar incident in the american Reader's Digest. The
truck driver had to forever surrender his driving license.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

Paul Furman

Paul Heslop wrote:
> whisky-dave wrote:
>> Be patient while it loads the street view.
>>
>> Seagull in Brighton - Google Street View
>> http://bit.ly/aaXBh3
>>
>> I guess these camera are P&Ses

> what do you reckon?
> http://ekstreme.com/images/google-st...w-camera-1.jpg

I'd have used two D700s, DX 10.5mm fisheyes with the lens shade cut off
but yeah they use eight of something... probably makes sense to be able
to shade the lens better their way.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Paul Heslop

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:

> ? "Paul Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> ?????? ??? ??????
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > whisky-dave wrote:
> >>
> >> "Paul Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> Wow that's an ugly camera, wouldn't want that hanging around my neck.
> >>
> >> Wish iwas here to catch this.....
> >>
> >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/8574609.stm

> > heh, yeah, a few folks have mentioned it elsewhere.
> > --

> I've read about a similar incident in the american Reader's Digest. The
> truck driver had to forever surrender his driving license.

probably won't happen here. he was under police escort too.

--

Paul Furman wrote:

> Paul Heslop wrote:
> > whisky-dave wrote:
> >> Be patient while it loads the street view.
> >>
> >> Seagull in Brighton - Google Street View
> >> http://bit.ly/aaXBh3
> >>
> >> I guess these camera are P&Ses

> > what do you reckon?
> > http://ekstreme.com/images/google-st...w-camera-1.jpg

> I'd have used two D700s, DX 10.5mm fisheyes with the lens shade cut off
> but yeah they use eight of something... probably makes sense to be able
> to shade the lens better their way.
>
> --
> Paul Furman
> www.edgehill.net
> www.baynatives.com
>
> all google groups messages filtered due to spam

I'm not sure if there are other models now. they have mentioned using
a bike or something to get nearer to sites or interest or down marrow
lanes etc
http://blog.monty.de/wp-content/uplo...google_car.jpg
http://larryfire.files.wordpress.com...amera_head.jpg
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/m...e_1442853c.jpg
--

Savageduck wrote:

> On 2010-03-19 13:01:41 -0700, Paul Heslop <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
> > Paul Furman wrote:

> >> I'd have used two D700s, DX 10.5mm fisheyes with the lens shade cut off
> >> but yeah they use eight of something... probably makes sense to be able
> >> to shade the lens better their way.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Paul Furman
> >> www.edgehill.net
> >> www.baynatives.com
> >>
> >> all google groups messages filtered due to spam

> > I'm not sure if there are other models now. they have mentioned using
> > a bike or something to get nearer to sites or interest or down marrow
> > lanes etc
> > http://blog.monty.de/wp-content/uplo...google_car.jpg
> > http://larryfire.files.wordpress.com...amera_head.jpg
> > http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/m...e_1442853c.jpg

> ...and
> >

> this;
> http://www.wired.com/autopia/2009/05...s-less-driven/
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Savageduck

this one is probably the weirdest but I don't know if it is real or
not
http://tinyurl.com/ygj2hkw