Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Trying to understand Win error File

Trying to understand Win error File

don

I got the blue screen while watching a video and my laptop froze wit h a
message saying that Windows XP has been shut down to avoid damage. After
restarting another message stated that files had been created..........
sysdata.xml and ________.dmp which I was not able to open.

The sysdata.xml is readable and might tell me something if I Knew what to
look for........ it looks like it is just a very long list of files in a
sort of HTML format.

Any help in understanding these files would be of great help - since I"m
starting to get this blue screen more often..........

chuckcar

"don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:hnshp4$53m$(E-Mail Removed):

> I got the blue screen while watching a video and my laptop froze wit h
> a message saying that Windows XP has been shut down to avoid damage.
> After restarting another message stated that files had been
> created.......... sysdata.xml and ________.dmp which I was not
> able to open.
>
> The sysdata.xml is readable and might tell me something if I Knew what
> to look for........ it looks like it is just a very long list of files
> in a sort of HTML format.
>
> Any help in understanding these files would be of great help - since
> I"m starting to get this blue screen more often..........

Well if you could write *down* the *actual* message and tell us what it
is, we might be able to help. But frankly there are *loads* of blue
screen messages - each unique to a certain situation. Quoting a chunk of
the begining of each file may help. *You* may have no idea what it
means, but virtually certainly someome here would have no problem.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

chucktard wrote:

> Well if you could write *down* the *actual*

*number* of *whiskeys* you have had *this* *evening*?

--
-bts
-In a broadband world, you are just a dialup

Aardvark

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 01:49:53 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

> someome

WTF?????????

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Aardvark wrote:

> chucktard wrote:
>
>> someome

> WTF?????????

20 demerits for excessive use of ... oh, wait ... it's about chucktard.
Penalty withdrawn. Carry on.

--
-bts

don

> Maybe you'd like to explore here:-
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc750081.aspx
>
> I hope it helps!

> Dave

Thanks Dave........ I found the answer on that page, my error was "IRQ not
less or equal" and it turns out its a device driver error
which is good because I thought maybe a piece of hardware was
failing......... now I just have to figure out what driver is causing the
problem.