Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET User Accounts

ASP.NET User Accounts

David Quinn

Hello everyone,

Can anyone explain the use of the two system accounts created when you
install Visual Studio.NET and possibly help me with a SQL connection
problem?

I'm currently having some trouble getting my ASP.NET application accessing a
MSDE2K3 database server on the same local machine.
I can access the database using MS Access using the integrated security
connection option however using the integrated security option in the
connection string in web application gives me a connection error.

In the IIS5.1 console I've disabled anonymous access so I assume the pages
are being loaded using my account (when I print the request server variables
to a page I can see that the user is MyComputer/MyLogin).

The ASP.NET Machine A... and SQLDebugger were two accounts added to my
system when I installed VS.NET. Do I need to run the web app in one of
these accounts?

cheers for your help, Dave.

David Quinn

Just some more info on my problem which hopefully may help. I was original
using a SqlClient object to try to connect to the database. I've tried
using a OleDb connection again using integrated security. The error message
now is that the user BLUESTRIDER/ASP does not have a valid login account to
the database. When I use Access to connect to the database I'm using my
BLUESTRIDER/DAVE account -- how can I get ASP.NET to run using the DAVE
account? I thought it was, when I print the Request.ServerVariables object
I can see the BLUESTRIDER/DAVE listed in several places. The only
persmissions I have the site to run under in IIS is Integrated Security.

I would love to be asking everyone slightly more intelligent ASPy questions
but this really has me stumped.

thanks again, Dave.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...