Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Linux Desktop Sceptic Gets Change Of Heart

Linux Desktop Sceptic Gets Change Of Heart

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Matt Asay himself comments on this article
<http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2010/03/canonicals-new-coo-gets-religion-on-linux-desktop.ars>:

To win, therefore, Linux is going to have to significantly shift the
playing field, or at least alter the rules of the game. I think we
(Canonical and the industry, generally) are doing this, particularly in
mobile. I don't think we'll "win" the traditional desktop, because I'm
not really sure there's much there to win except bragging rights in
yesterday's war. the market is mobile, and that's an area where we are
going to win.

Return of gets gets John Joyce Ruby 0 04-23-2007 01:38 PM
gets gets John Joyce Ruby 2 03-26-2007 04:00 PM
XMLHttpRequest gets data to display in element but data gets appended not replaces previous! libsfan01 Javascript 5 12-20-2006 06:25 AM
Not only the selected HREF gets surrounded, but the whole row gets surrounded Stefan Mueller HTML 5 07-10-2006 11:53 AM
Re: I've had a change of heart Relic Computer Support 0 09-01-2003 05:36 PM

Advertisments