Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > iGoogle problems

iGoogle problems

Dave Croft

I tried iGoogle and despite liking Google generally it
didn't agree with my tastes.
When I tried to remove it it seems very difficult!!
When I tried to Google the subject, many people were
shouting about it but but only in the 1980's!!
Does this problem still exist?
Does anyone know how I can revert to the origional
Outlook Express?
--
Dave Croft
Warrington.

Dan C

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 02:10:33 +0000, Dave Croft wrote:

> I tried iGoogle and despite liking Google generally it didn't agree with
> my tastes.
> When I tried to remove it it seems very difficult!! When I tried to
> Google the subject, many people were shouting about it but but only in
> the 1980's!! Does this problem still exist?
> Does anyone know how I can revert to the origional Outlook Express?

Clearly a case of needing to format your hard drive.

No doubt.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as the condom ripped.

G. Morgan

Dan C <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 02:10:33 +0000, Dave Croft wrote:
>
>> I tried iGoogle and despite liking Google generally it didn't agree with
>> my tastes.
>> When I tried to remove it it seems very difficult!! When I tried to
>> Google the subject, many people were shouting about it but but only in
>> the 1980's!! Does this problem still exist?
>> Does anyone know how I can revert to the origional Outlook Express?

>Clearly a case of needing to format your hard drive.
>
>No doubt.

I agree with you on this one. Wow...

Whiskers

On 2010-03-16, Dave Croft <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I tried iGoogle and despite liking Google generally it
> didn't agree with my tastes.
> When I tried to remove it it seems very difficult!!
> When I tried to Google the subject, many people were
> shouting about it but but only in the 1980's!!
> Does this problem still exist?
> Does anyone know how I can revert to the origional
> Outlook Express?

You seem to have used "the original Outlook Express" adequately to post
your question.

Perhaps what you mean is that you don't know how to change the "homepage"
in your web browser? Taking a wild guess, is that Internet Explorer
version 7? If so there seem to be instructions here
<http://browsers.about.com/od/internetexplorertutorials/ss/ie7homepage_5.htm>
but Microsoft's own 'Help' files are usually quite thorough so worth a
look.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Jordon

Dave Croft wrote:
> I tried iGoogle and despite liking Google generally it
> didn't agree with my tastes.
> When I tried to remove it it seems very difficult!!
> When I tried to Google the subject, many people were
> shouting about it but but only in the 1980's!!
> Does this problem still exist?

No. Log out of iGoogle. Don't log in. Problem solved.

> Does anyone know how I can revert to the origional
> Outlook Express?

Version 1? The 1996 version?

--
Jordon