Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Old Gringo

Old Gringo

G. Morgan

We were Facebook buddies... what happened? Something I said?

OldGringo38

Two Cents To The G. Morgan Post:
> We were Facebook buddies... what happened? Something I said?

LOL I have to learn how to get it all setup, and not sure I like it
that much. email any time. It's cold and windy in Marfa

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere

83LowRider

"OldGringo38" wrote

>> We were Facebook buddies... what happened? Something I said?
>>

> LOL I have to learn how to get it all setup, and not sure I like it that
> much. email any time. It's cold and windy in Marfa

Facebook is wonderful once you learn to hide all the
idiotic games and apps, and rid yourself of the Obama
supporters. <g>

OldGringo38

Two Cents To The 83LowRider Post:
> "OldGringo38" wrote
>
>>> We were Facebook buddies... what happened? Something I said?
>>>

>> LOL I have to learn how to get it all setup, and not sure I like it that
>> much. email any time. It's cold and windy in Marfa

> Facebook is wonderful once you learn to hide all the
> idiotic games and apps, and rid yourself of the Obama
> supporters.<g>

I'm working on just that, not sure if I want to be as visual on
Facebook as I am here, and just keep it to a dull roar with friends
and family. It really seems to be designed with the younger
generation in mind.

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

83LowRider

"OldGringo38" wrote

> I'm working on just that, not sure if I want to be as visual on
> Facebook as I am here, and just keep it to a dull roar with friends and
> family. It really seems to be designed with the younger generation in
> mind.

I just returned from an unofficial class reunion (class of 75)
yesterday, that was put together solely from FB. The only
'younger' generation there were the kids and grandkids of
us older farts. My friends list is basically all 50+ with the
exception of a few nieces/nephews. Dozens of the pictures
taken are already up and shared by those attending, and
there is no way (that I've found) that makes it easier to keep
in touch and share those things. I used to post pics to a
photobucket account, but even then, you'd have to send out
numerous notifications to those you wish to share with. FB
just simplifies all that. And according to your privacy settings,
you can keep it from totally muted to a dull roar to wide open.
It just takes a little 'tweaking'. Good luck.

OldGringo38

Two Cents To The 83LowRider Post:
> "OldGringo38" wrote
>
>> I'm working on just that, not sure if I want to be as visual on
>> Facebook as I am here, and just keep it to a dull roar with friends and
>> family. It really seems to be designed with the younger generation in
>> mind.

> I just returned from an unofficial class reunion (class of 75)
> yesterday, that was put together solely from FB. The only
> 'younger' generation there were the kids and grandkids of
> us older farts. My friends list is basically all 50+ with the
> exception of a few nieces/nephews. Dozens of the pictures
> taken are already up and shared by those attending, and
> there is no way (that I've found) that makes it easier to keep
> in touch and share those things. I used to post pics to a
> photobucket account, but even then, you'd have to send out
> numerous notifications to those you wish to share with. FB
> just simplifies all that. And according to your privacy settings,
> you can keep it from totally muted to a dull roar to wide open.
> It just takes a little 'tweaking'. Good luck.

<smile> Being from the class of 47 I consider you as part of the
younger generation, I'll get all set one of these days as I am in
no big hurry. Thanks for the tips & tricks.

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

83LowRider

"OldGringo38" wrote

> <smile> Being from the class of 47 I consider you as part of the younger
> generation, I'll get all set one of these days as I am in no big
> hurry. Thanks for the tips & tricks.

Well, as my 'class' has gotten so much smaller over the years,
surely yours would be a cinch to manage..! Of the ones still
kickin', you're probably one of the rare few that are online. <g>

Kudos to you for even owning a computer and knowing
what USENET or FB is. Most of my older friends see
a computer as the work of the devil.

(while all along, those of us in the know realize 'he' only
posts here) p

OldGringo38

Two Cents To The Manatee Memories Post:
> On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 16:05:31 -0500, OldGringo38
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote, by way of
> <hnorqt$n7b$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, in
> 24hoursupport.helpdesk -->::
>
> <....>
>> Being from the class of 47

> <....>
>
> Whoa. You _are_ (as Rush occasionally puts it) a "seasoned citizen"<g>!

Well seasoned.

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

Jenn

~BD~ wrote:
> OldGringo38 asked about the magic carpet. Remember?
>
> **
>
> I was walking down the road when I saw an Afghan bloke standing on a
> fifth floor balcony shaking a carpet.
>
> I shouted up to him, "What's up Abdul, won't it start?

LOL

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)

OldGringo38

Two Cents To The ~BD~ Post:
> OldGringo38 asked about the magic carpet. Remember?
>
> **
>
> I was walking down the road when I saw an Afghan bloke standing on a
> fifth floor balcony shaking a carpet.
>
> I shouted up to him, "What's up Abdul, won't it start?

LOL

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

old gringo... CheechWizard Computer Support 6 05-22-2005 06:12 PM
old gringo...advice please... CheechWizard Computer Support 9 04-21-2005 05:30 PM
Old Gringo!!...what is InterTrust Point?? Zurp Computer Support 5 04-03-2005 01:51 PM
Old Gringo John Holmes Computer Support 1 02-01-2005 10:02 PM
Toolman Tim, Old Gringo, ABC time doS Computer Support 6 12-17-2004 06:30 AM

Advertisments