Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Set Maximum Pool Size in web.config

Set Maximum Pool Size in web.config

Bei

I would like to allow more connection to SQL servers from the web
application.

Do you know what is the code to set maximum pool size in web.config file?

Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?RG8gUXV5ZXQgVGllbg==?=

A sample connection string for SQL Server:
"Data Source=(local);Initial Catalog=pubs;User ID=sa;Password=;Max Pool Size=75;Min Pool Size=5;"

Tiendq,

=?Utf-8?B?QXZuZWVzaA==?=

You can set that in SQL Connection String...e.g

"Server=(local); ..........; Database=Northwind; Max Pool Size=45; Min Pool Size=10

When a connection is opened and a pool is created, multiple connections are added to the pool to bring the connection count to the configured minimum level. Connections can be subsequently added to the pool up to the configured maximum pool count. When the maximum count is reached, new requests to open a connection are queued for a configurable duration.

Avneesh Kuma
(E-Mail Removed)

Bei

Is there any issue if I set the maximum to be 1000?

"Do Quyet Tien" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> A sample connection string for SQL Server:
> "Data Source=(local);Initial Catalog=pubs;User ID=sa;Password=;Max Pool

Size=75;Min Pool Size=5;"

> Tiendq,
> (E-Mail Removed)

=?Utf-8?B?QXZuZWVzaA==?=

Default value of Max Pool size is 100. You can set it to a higher number also so far as performance of the server is not a issue..

A Detailed article for the same can be found at
http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6329_11-5034285-2.htm

Regard
Avneesh