Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > MCTS - BI Dev and Maintenance

MCTS - BI Dev and Maintenance

Umph

Hi,

I've been asked by my company to look into getting certified in the MCTS -
BI Dev and Maintenance path and I'm looking for advice on how to proceed.
I've worked with SQL Server for about 3 years now but mostly for running
queries. Beyond query writing I don't know much about the software. However
I do consider myself a quick learner and up for a challenge. Therefore my
question is can I get away with learning what I need to know for
certification through the exam prep kit or am I really in need of taking
another course prior to tackling this one, say on SQL Server 2008
Implementation and Maintenance? I'd prefer not to have take it if I'll learn
what I need to know through the Self-Paced Training Kit.

Thanks for your help