Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Office 2010

Office 2010

LD55ZRA

Is there a Office 2010 newsgroup anywhere? Microsoft has given up on them
it seems.

Mike Easter

LD55ZRA wrote:
> Is there a Office 2010 newsgroup anywhere? Microsoft has given up on them
> it seems.

Office 2010 is currently a free public beta which will stay alive until
2010 Oct.

If you are going to discuss 'things' about something specific in the MS
public groups, you would do best in one of the groups for the particular
part of the suite you are interested, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,
OneNote, Access, or Publisher.

MS is showing a trend toward not supporting their newer software with a
group in mspublic newsgroups; there isn't a Win7 group there for example.

--
Mike Easter

VanguardLH

LD55ZRA wrote:

> Is there a Office 2010 newsgroup anywhere? Microsoft has given up on them
> it seems.

Microsoft Office 2010 forums are at:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...ory/office2010

sandy58

On Mar 15, 5:36*am, "LD55ZRA" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Is there a Office 2010 newsgroup anywhere? *Microsoft has given up on them
> it seems.

Here's the MS blurb (definitely NO spam intended!):
With Microsoft Office Professional 2010, your people get a wide range
of powerful new ways to do their best work from more places ? whether
they?re using a PC, smartphone or web browser. From insightful updates
to Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook, to new server integration
capabilities that make it easier for everyone to track, report and
share vital information, Office Professional Plus 2010 offers the
complete package through familiar, intuitive tools.

This is pre-release software, so please read the following to get an
idea of the risks and key things you need to know before you try the
Office Professional Plus 2010 Beta.

Protect your PC and data. Be sure to back up your data and please don?
t test Office Professional Plus 2010 Beta on your primary home or
business PC.

Uninstall any previous versions of Microsoft Office. We highly
recommend that previous versions of Microsoft Office be removed from
your test machine before installing Office Professional Plus 2010
Beta.

Technical details/updates. Before installing the Beta please read the
Release Notes.

Keep up with the news. You can keep up with general technical
information and news by participating in the Microsoft Office 2010
Forum (on TechNet) and reading the Microsoft Office 2010 Team Blog.

Keep your PC updated. Be sure to turn on automatic updates in Windows
Update in case we publish updates for the Office Professional Plus
2010 Beta.

Microsoft Partners. Learn more about Office Professional Plus 2010 on
the Microsoft Partner Portal.

A PC with these minimum recommended specifications: .
?500 MHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor or higher ?256 MB of system memory
or more ?3.5 GB of available disk space ?1024x768 or higher resolution
monitor ?DVD-R/W Drive

Supported Operating Systems: .
?Windows XP with Service Pack (SP) 3 (32-bit) ?Windows Vista with SP1
(32-bit or 64-bit) ?Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-bit or 64-bit) with
MSXLM 6.0 installed ?Windows Server 2008 with SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit) ?
Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)