Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Vista laptop can't get mail in Outlook from Exchange Server - help

Vista laptop can't get mail in Outlook from Exchange Server - help

alice

I have an XP PC at home, as well as a Vist laptop.
I recently installed Outlook 2007 on both, to get my email from my
works Exchange server.
I set up my PC with the same settings as my PC at work, and after
connecting thru the VPN, I get all my email etc just fine.
I set Outlook on the Vista laptop with the exact same settings, but
after connecting thru the VPN, I do no get my email in Outlook. I do
get my calendar items from the account, but no email.
Can someone tell me what I can try at this point? I've looked over
all
the email settings in the control panel and everything is the same,
and it all looks like what I would expect it to be, why does it work
on one and not the other?

Mike Hunt

"alice" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an XP PC at home, as well as a Vist laptop.
> I recently installed Outlook 2007 on both, to get my email from my
> works Exchange server.
> I set up my PC with the same settings as my PC at work, and after
> connecting thru the VPN, I get all my email etc just fine.
> I set Outlook on the Vista laptop with the exact same settings, but
> after connecting thru the VPN, I do no get my email in Outlook. I do
> get my calendar items from the account, but no email.
> Can someone tell me what I can try at this point? I've looked over
> all
> the email settings in the control panel and everything is the same,
> and it all looks like what I would expect it to be, why does it work
> on one and not the other?

What did your system administrator say?

alice

On Mar 15, 8:03*am, "§nühw¤£f" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> alice <(E-Mail Removed)> clouded the waters of pure thought with
> @b36g2000pri.googlegroups.com:
>

> > I have an XP PC at home, as well as a Vist laptop.
> > I recently installed Outlook 2007 on both, to get my email from my
> > works Exchange server.
> > I set up my PC with the same settings as my PC at work, and after
> > connecting thru the VPN, I get all my email etc just fine.
> > I set Outlook on the Vista laptop with the exact same settings, but
> > after connecting thru the VPN, I do no get my email in Outlook. I

> do
> > get my calendar items from the account, but no email.
> > Can someone tell me what I can try at this point? I've looked over
> > all
> > the email settings in the control panel and everything is the same,
> > and it all looks like what I would expect it to be, why does it

> work
> > on one and not the other?

> Maybe:
>
> http://blogs.technet.com/asiasupp/ar.../outlook-2007-
> cannot-connect-to-exchange-server-properly-without-default-
> gateway.aspx

This link doesn't work for me, get a page cannot be displayed error.

> --http://www.skepticalscience.com/
> cageprisoners.com|www.snuhwolf.9f.com|www.eyeonpalin.org
> * *_____ *____ *____ __ /\_/\ __ * * *_ ______ * _____
> * / __/ |/ / / / / // // . . \\ \ |\ | / __ \ \ *\ *__\
> *_\ \/ * */ /_/ / _ */ \ * * / \ \| \| \ \_\ \ \__\ *_\

alice

On Mar 16, 2:11*am, "Mike Hunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "alice" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in berichtnews:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> >I have an XP PC at home, as well as a Vist laptop.
> > I recently installed Outlook 2007 on both, to get my email from my
> > works Exchange server.
> > I set up my PC with the same settings as my PC at work, and after
> > connecting thru the VPN, I get all my email etc just fine.
> > I set Outlook on the Vista laptop with the exact same settings, but
> > after connecting thru the VPN, I do no get my email in Outlook. I do
> > get my calendar items from the account, but no email.
> > Can someone tell me what I can try at this point? I've looked over
> > all
> > the email settings in the control panel and everything is the same,
> > and it all looks like what I would expect it to be, why does it work
> > on one and not the other?

> What did your system administrator say?

Haven't had a chance to ask them yet, but it won't be a priority for
them to troubleshoot my personal laptop.

What I'm finding strange now is that, when I'm in the mail settings
and have the TEST ACCOUNT button, it fails, but on the PC where my
Outlook IS fetching mail, it also fails.