Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Configuring Linsys SPA-3102

Configuring Linsys SPA-3102

Monty

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 20:18:27 GMT, Brian A wrote:

>There is a GUI app that works with Windows called NewSipuraUtil. It used to work with the SPA-3000,
>whether it works with the SPA-3102 I don't know. If you do use
>it make sure that it really has backed up by checking the file sizes. It can be a bit hit and miss.
>I can't speak for this link but I found the application here:-

I've tried it but it's a miss as far as SPA3102 is concerned. It seems
a bit better for PAP2 where at least it generates a reasonable looking
size of output. I haven't yet had the confidence yet to try restoring
the PAP2 from it though.

>Personally, I just use the method already explained - just saving web page then
>changing the 'action' file name to restore.

Can you run that past me again? When you say "saving web page" do yo
mean saving each page individually as a web archive? What's the
"action" file?

>As regards set up,a general setup wizard is available on Voxilla.com at this url:-
>http://tinyurl.com/yashdtp

I'll give it a whirl. Whoever designed these devices didn't seem to
give much thought to making things easy for novice users!

Steve Hayes

Monty wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 20:18:27 GMT, Brian A wrote:
>
>>There is a GUI app that works with Windows called NewSipuraUtil. It used
>>to work with the SPA-3000, whether it works with the SPA-3102 I don't
>>know. If you do use it make sure that it really has backed up by checking
>>the file sizes. It can be a bit hit and miss. I can't speak for this link
>>but I found the application here:-

> I've tried it but it's a miss as far as SPA3102 is concerned. It seems
> a bit better for PAP2 where at least it generates a reasonable looking
> size of output. I haven't yet had the confidence yet to try restoring
> the PAP2 from it though.
>
>>Personally, I just use the method already explained - just saving web page
>>then changing the 'action' file name to restore.

> Can you run that past me again? When you say "saving web page" do yo
> mean saving each page individually as a web archive? What's the
> "action" file?
>
>>As regards set up,a general setup wizard is available on Voxilla.com at
>>this url:- http://tinyurl.com/yashdtp

> I'll give it a whirl. Whoever designed these devices didn't seem to
> give much thought to making things easy for novice users!

I'm the one who posted the method though I'm not the one who originally
figured it out. Here it is again with some corrections and a bit of editing
to make it easier to follow. Simples!

The manual method without the need for software is:

Log into your SPA-3102 web interface as admin. Change the view to advanced.
Select the router tab and use the File "" Save As option from your web
brower to save the configuration page to your PC's hard drive. Select the
voice tab and do the same again as a different file name. That's it!

The files you have saved can be used to restore your configuration later (if
something goes wrong), viewed with a web browser as a snapshot of settings
or sent to another user to assist in trouble shooting.

Now to restore settings that you have previously saved, you need to edit the
configuration page that you saved to your PC's hard drive. To do this, find
the page on your hard drive, right click on it and Open With "" Notepad.
Now, do a search for the following line of code.
<FORM action="asipura.spa" ...........................
You need to change this line to read:
<FORM action="http://IP Address of Sipura/admin/asipura.spa" ........
Where IP Address of Sipura is the IP address of your Sipura SPA-3102.

Now save the page, then load it up in your web browser, when you hit Submit
Changes, your saved configuration will be loaded back into your SPA-3102.

--
Steve Hayes, South Wales, UK
----Remove colours from reply address----