Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > s: homepagegenerator

s: homepagegenerator

Michael Winkler

G'Day

Searching for a off-line html-generator.

It should generate pure .html files without any php/java/asp stuff for a
little private homepage, so the homepage can easily manged at a local
machine and the site goes online per copying the .html files to the server.

The local machine runs Debian-Lenny or WinXP.
The site will contain mostly text's and some foto-gallery.

Thank's, Michael.

rf

"Michael Winkler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4b9b6e94$0$7618$(E-Mail Removed)-online.net...
> G'Day
>
> Searching for a off-line html-generator.
>
> It should generate pure .html files without any php/java/asp stuff for a
> little private homepage, so the homepage can easily manged at a local
> machine and the site goes online per copying the .html files to the
> server.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wetware_%28brain%29

Michael Winkler

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wetware_%28brain%29
Very kind.

It's right, everybody can build his own home with the right tools and a
little bit thinking. But why do so much people live in apartments?

Michael Winkler

> http://www.kompozer.net/

Thank you.

Joy Beeson

On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 14:29:52 +0100, Michael Winkler <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> It's right, everybody can build his own home with the right tools and a
> little bit thinking. But why do so much people live in apartments?

This is more like the difference between buying frozen pancakes and
buying flour and baking powder.

It's possible, of course that the OP wants waffles, or hasn't got a
skillet.

Metaphorically speaking.

But if you understand <p> and <h1>, and if you can copy and paste a
link and edit in your own URL and comment, that's all you need for an
ordinary "picture of my cat" web site.

http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/~j...INKS/CHAIR.HTM

Joy Beeson
--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://roughsewing.home.comcast.net/ -- sewing

Michael Winkler

Joy Beeson schrieb:

> But if you understand <p> and <h1>, and if you can copy and paste a
> link and edit in your own URL and comment, that's all you need for an
> ordinary "picture of my cat" web site.

I can do the
<showittothewebinaspecialway>Hello world.</showittothewebinaspecialway>
stuff. My last try was a php-script that build a website from a
directory-structure and .txt files (but after e few month's it was
infected by a spammerscript - i'm just a dilettante).
At those time i was a student - my time was owned by me.
But now i have a job, two kids, my wife an some time-intensive hobbies.

I will it quick and dirty!

> http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/~j...INKS/CHAIR.HTM

sweet cat

Here's my black dog - find it!

http://zampalo.de/dard/

bye

Raymond Schmit

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 08:30:37 +0100, Michael Winkler <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Joy Beeson schrieb:
>
>> But if you understand <p> and <h1>, and if you can copy and paste a
>> link and edit in your own URL and comment, that's all you need for an
>> ordinary "picture of my cat" web site.

>I can do the
><showittothewebinaspecialway>Hello world.</showittothewebinaspecialway>
>stuff. My last try was a php-script that build a website from a
>directory-structure and .txt files (but after e few month's it was
>infected by a spammerscript - i'm just a dilettante).
>At those time i was a student - my time was owned by me.
>But now i have a job, two kids, my wife an some time-intensive hobbies.
>
>I will it quick and dirty!

If you used SeaMonkey instead of User-Agent: Mozilla-Thunderbird
2.0.0.22 (X11/20090706) ...
You got a wondeful suite of mail,browser and a "composer" to make your
html files ...easely.

Joy Beeson

wrote:

> Here's my black dog - find it!
>
> http://zampalo.de/dard/

The black dog was easy to find -- I happened to remember what "vieh"
means. But "Vegetarisches" gave me a turn. Being a monoglot
anglophone, I just naturally read it as "vegetables".

Joy Beeson