Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Ranbow Portal : Have to use Tab IDs? What about pages not in Tabs?

Ranbow Portal : Have to use Tab IDs? What about pages not in Tabs?

Richard Nunez

I have a current site that we are going to redo from ColdFusion to
ASP.Net, using C#. We've been directed from the PHBs to take a look
into the Rainbow portal. We have pages that do NOT have any
corresponding tab location. We have, for example:

A sub application with a simple vertical image menu. When you click on
one image menu it takes you to a page, of course, then within that
menu group are other pages that, while navigating, should stay on the
same menu image. Different functions exists within those group of
pages for the user to take some sort of action, or steps of actions.
All at the same time the image menu doesn't change. How can you
incorporate this into the Rainbow framework?

On the other hand, there are pages that are accessed from elsewhere on
the website that are dynamic that have NO corresponding navigational
menu. How can you handle that with no tab menus?

We also have sub-applications that have different looks, with pages
that have corresponding menu item. How do we handle this? Or, do we
just NOT USE Rainbow?

Thank you in advance,