Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > How do I roll the Wireless configuration from one laptop to a new one?

How do I roll the Wireless configuration from one laptop to a new one?

BigV

Many of my company's mobile sales force will be getting new hardware soon.
Many of the mobile users have Wireless networks set up on their current
laptop. Is there any method of pulling the wireless setup information from
the old laptop so that the new laptop will have all of the wireless settings
already set up?

I know that many of these people will not know their current wireless
passphrase, so I am reall concerned that my helpdesk will end up having to
reset a lot of routers and then walk them through the wireless network setup
again. Help!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Vance

bren

Hi Vance,
i found this link maybe it will help you . It explains a lot about what
your trying to do . good luck
Bren
http://www.downloadjunction.com/product/software/12607/

=?Utf-8?B?amVycnlyb2Nr?=

Wireless Network Setup Wizard will enable you to save your settings to a usb
memory drive and then install it on other computers in your network.

"BigV" wrote:

> Many of my company's mobile sales force will be getting new hardware soon.
> Many of the mobile users have Wireless networks set up on their current
> laptop. Is there any method of pulling the wireless setup information from
> the old laptop so that the new laptop will have all of the wireless settings
> already set up?
>
> I know that many of these people will not know their current wireless
> passphrase, so I am reall concerned that my helpdesk will end up having to
> reset a lot of routers and then walk them through the wireless network setup
> again. Help!
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>
> Vance

BigV

Jerry,

Thanks for the response. I tried using the network wizard on another PC,
but it doesn't set up a wireless connection with all of encryption settings.

Vance
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

secureeng@mindspring.com

BigV wrote:

> Many of my company's mobile sales force will be getting new hardware soon.
> Many of the mobile users have Wireless networks set up on their current
> laptop. Is there any method of pulling the wireless setup information from
> the old laptop so that the new laptop will have all of the wireless settings
> already set up?
>
> I know that many of these people will not know their current wireless
> passphrase, so I am reall concerned that my helpdesk will end up having to
> reset a lot of routers and then walk them through the wireless network setup
> again. Help!
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>
> Vance

Really need to know what kind of card and OS setup you have before any
real assistance can be offered.