Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > No Automatic Wireless Connection

No Automatic Wireless Connection

E/B

Realized this thought originally was sent on wrong group. Sorry

Using wireless connection in home with Dell laptop that has WinXP SP3
active and a Dell Wireless 1370 card. Have good wireless signal (54MB)
after setup each day.

Find at next day restart computer in Run/services.msc always shows
Windows Zero
Configuration as Automatic but not Started. Based on an article checked
Registry
and Start DWORD for WZX is correct at 2.
Wireless Networks tab also found missing at each boot. Manually
starting WZC
reinstates Wireless Network tab and "Use Windows ..." can now be
checked.
SSID (Automatic) shows in Preferred networks and my wireless connection
will now function OK.

New Belkin N150 router is use and all well if set-up manually.

My non-tech knowledge level points at laptop but no clue how to keep WZC
always
Started so automatic connection will result. Is there a fix?

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
Many Wireless cards upon installation load the vendors Wireless Utility.
If the vendors utility is running WZC will not (or if they are both running
the Wireless would not work).
Maybe this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"E/B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Realized this thought originally was sent on wrong group. Sorry
>
> Using wireless connection in home with Dell laptop that has WinXP SP3
> active and a Dell Wireless 1370 card. Have good wireless signal (54MB)
> after setup each day.
>
> Find at next day restart computer in Run/services.msc always shows
> Windows Zero
> Configuration as Automatic but not Started. Based on an article checked
> Registry
> and Start DWORD for WZX is correct at 2.
> Wireless Networks tab also found missing at each boot. Manually
> starting WZC
> reinstates Wireless Network tab and "Use Windows ..." can now be
> checked.
> SSID (Automatic) shows in Preferred networks and my wireless connection
> will now function OK.
>
> New Belkin N150 router is use and all well if set-up manually.
>
> My non-tech knowledge level points at laptop but no clue how to keep WZC
> always
> Started so automatic connection will result. Is there a fix?

E/B

Your suggestion was right on the mark. Too many cooks spoiling the soup.
Thanks.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
:
: "E/B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: > Realized this thought originally was sent on wrong group. Sorry
: >
[...]

Yeah, it sad that this happens.
Very few Vendors let you decide whether you want to install only the Drivers
or the Drivers+their utility.
Most of them just load every thing and configure their Utility to Auto Start
while the users are Not even aware of it.
Anyway, I am Glad that you solve it.