Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: show image in python

Re: show image in python

Philip Semanchuk

On Mar 10, 2010, at 5:03 PM, mohamed issolah wrote:

> Hey, This is my program
>
> 1 #!/usr/bin/python
> 2 import PIL
> 3 import numpy
> 4 import Image
> 5 import ImageOps
> 6 import sys
> 7
> 8 def Matimg(path):
> 9 """transforme image en matrice"""
> 10 Img = Image.open(str(path))
> 11 Img1 = ImageOps.grayscale(Img)
> 12 largeur,hauteur = Img1.size
> 13 imdata = Img1.getdata()
> 14 tab = numpy.array(imdata)
> 15 matrix = numpy.reshape(tab,(hauteur,largeur))
> 16 return matrix
> 17
> 18 def Creeimg():
> 19 """transforme matrice en image"""
> 20 img = Image.new ("L",(8,)
> 21 matrix = [0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]
> 22 img.putdata(matrix)
> 23 img.show()
> 24 img.save(fp="./ana.bmp")
> 25
> 26 if __name__== '__main__':
> 27 if len(sys.argv) < 2 :
> 28 print "Usage: img.py <image>"
> 29 sys.exit(0)
> 30 path = sys.argv[1]
> 31 matrix = Matimg(path)
> 32 print matrix
> 33 Creeimg()
>
> My probeleme : In line 23 "img.show()" Don't work, normally I show
> the image
> but it's not work, but strangely in line 24 "img.save(fp="./
> ana.bmp")" it's
> work
> WHERE IS THE PROBLEME.
>
> I have this error in shell : "(eog:3176): GLib-WARNING **: GError
> set over
> the top of a previous GError or uninitialized memory.
> This indicates a bug in someone's code. You must ensure an error is
> NULL
> before it's set.
> The overwriting error message was: Error in getting image file info "
>

> os: ubuntu 9.10

Hi issolah,
I don't know what your problem is but I have a few suggestions --
1) You say that img.show() doesn't work. How does it fail? Is that
where you get the GLib warning?
2) I'm glad you posted your code, but because it has line numbers,
it's awkward to copy & paste into a local example. Please show your
code without line numbers.

I'm unfamiliar with PIL, so this is just a wild guess, but based on
the GLib error it seems like you haven't initialized something
properly. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Maybe someone who knows
more will answer.

Good luck
Philip

News123

Philip Semanchuk wrote:

> On Mar 10, 2010, at 5:03 PM, mohamed issolah wrote:
>
>> Hey, This is my program
>>

>> 18 def Creeimg():
>> 19 """transforme matrice en image"""
>> 20 img = Image.new ("L",(8,)
>> 21 matrix = [0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]
>> 22 img.putdata(matrix)
>> 23 img.show()
>> 24 img.save(fp="./ana.bmp")
>> 25

>> My probeleme : In line 23 "img.show()" Don't work, normally I show the
>> image

Image show is implemented rather half heartedly (at least on linux)

a potential reasons is:
- you didn not install the correct image viewer tool (You should see an
error message though". Then you could try to install the tool, that
python did not find.

depending on the platform, you might have bugs, that don't allow to view
more than one image at a time / etc.

potentially you might be better of by just using
a hand rolled os.system()
or subprocess.Popen call

bye