Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > vhdl for beginners

vhdl for beginners

KJ

On Apr 2, 3:04*am, vipin lal <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I started using fixed_pkg and wrote some simple programs also.But when
> I tried to synthesis the code it came "Library ieee_proposed cannot be
> found."
> I successfully simulated the same design.
> Is Library ieee_proposed not synthesisable????????
> pls help...- Hide quoted text -

Yes the library is synthesizable. You need to tell ISE to compile the
file with the fixed point package into the 'ieee_proposed'
library...the default library is 'work'.

KJ

vipin lal

On Apr 2, 5:53*pm, KJ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Apr 2, 3:04*am, vipin lal <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I started using fixed_pkg and wrote some simple programs also.But when
> > I tried to synthesis the code it came "Library ieee_proposed cannot be
> > found."
> > I successfully simulated the same design.
> > Is Library ieee_proposed not synthesisable????????
> > pls help...- Hide quoted text -

> Yes the library is synthesizable. *You need to tell ISE to compile the
> file with the fixed point package into the 'ieee_proposed'
> library...the default library is 'work'.
>
> KJ

Hi KJ,
I used the following statements:

library ieee_proposed;
use ieee_proposed.fixed_pkg.all;

this is enough right??anything extra I have to add??
and the code actually worked,in simulation.

Rajmathi

On Apr 2, 10:29*pm, Rob Gaddi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 06:24:19 -0700 (PDT)
>

> vipin lal <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Do the following to inform ISE to compile the file into ieee_proposed
library:

1. In Xilinx ISE go to the library tab and create a new VHDL Library
and name it as ieee_proposed.

2. Once the library has been created, under the files tab, select the
files which you want to be compiled under the ieee_proposed library,
right click and select the source properties option. In this dialog
box change the "source library" to ieee_proposed".

Now when you synthesize your design all files would get compiled into
appropriate libraries they are associated with.

Beginners VHDL: VHDLBABY VHDL 5 04-11-2006 10:47 AM
VHDL 2002 vs VHDL 1993 dude VHDL 1 03-23-2006 01:18 PM
multiD-vhdl: Multi Dimensional Arrays (allowing generics on each dimension) for VHDL (including ports) albert.neu@gmail.com VHDL 2 03-21-2006 04:05 PM
what's the difference between VHDL 93 CONCATENATION and VHDL 87 CONCATENATION? walala VHDL 3 09-18-2003 04:17 AM

Advertisments