Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Three Strikes Law

Three Strikes Law

Frank Williams

Piracy Rises In France Despite Three Strikes Law

Another remarkable statistic uncovered by the researchers is that half of all
P2P users who download copyrighted content also buy digital content online.
This means that if these users were disconnected from the Internet under the
new law, the music industry would lose customers and thus revenue.

http://torrentfreak.com/piracy-rises...es-law-100609/

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Frank Williams wrote:

> Piracy Rises In France Despite Three Strikes Law
>
> Another remarkable statistic uncovered by the researchers is that half of
> all P2P users who download copyrighted content also buy digital content
> online. This means that if these users were disconnected from the Internet
> under the new law, the music industry would lose customers and thus
> revenue.
>
> http://torrentfreak.com/piracy-rises...es-law-100609/

Nooo! Keep repeating! Infringement Of Intellectual Property Is Theft!
Infringement Of Intellectual Property Is Theft! Infringement Of Intellectual
Property Is Theft! Infr...

Gordon

On 2010-03-11, Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Piracy Rises In France Despite Three Strikes Law
>
> Another remarkable statistic uncovered by the researchers is that half of all
> P2P users who download copyrighted content also buy digital content online.
> This means that if these users were disconnected from the Internet under the
> new law, the music industry would lose customers and thus revenue.
>
> http://torrentfreak.com/piracy-rises...es-law-100609/

The real question is the bottom line. And that we are got going to see for
certain eh?

I would argue that cutting people off from downloading material, by wahtever
means. Threat, legal, or technology will result is an a sharp down turn in
legal purchases.

All this "process" which is being gone through in the movie side has already
been travelled by the music industry.

Right now legal downlaods of pay for movies are rather hard to find yes?
While this is the case doing it yourself will prevail. History says so.

victor

Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Piracy Rises In France Despite Three Strikes Law
>
> Another remarkable statistic uncovered by the researchers is that half
> of all
> P2P users who download copyrighted content also buy digital content
> online.
> This means that if these users were disconnected from the Internet
> under the
> new law, the music industry would lose customers and thus revenue.
>
> http://torrentfreak.com/piracy-rises...es-law-100609/

You don't just lose their media purchases, you lose all their
transactions, fine payments, all sorts of interactions that are of far
more value to other stakeholders, the entertainment business doesn't
deserve this preferential treatment at the expense of all other Internet
commerce.

Richard

Gordon wrote:
> On 2010-03-11, Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> Piracy Rises In France Despite Three Strikes Law
>>
>> Another remarkable statistic uncovered by the researchers is that half of all
>> P2P users who download copyrighted content also buy digital content online.
>> This means that if these users were disconnected from the Internet under the
>> new law, the music industry would lose customers and thus revenue.
>>
>> http://torrentfreak.com/piracy-rises...es-law-100609/

> The real question is the bottom line. And that we are got going to see for
> certain eh?
>
> I would argue that cutting people off from downloading material, by wahtever
> means. Threat, legal, or technology will result is an a sharp down turn in
> legal purchases.
>
> All this "process" which is being gone through in the movie side has already
> been travelled by the music industry.
>
> Right now legal downlaods of pay for movies are rather hard to find yes?
> While this is the case doing it yourself will prevail. History says so.

Legal downloads _I CAN USE_ are very hard to find. I dont want to have
to buy a crapple TV to watch them on my TV, many TVs can play things
nativly off a USB or SD card, why should I not be able to play on that.

Richard

Frank Williams wrote:

> Piracy Rises In France Despite Three Strikes Law
>
> Another remarkable statistic uncovered by the researchers is that half of all
> P2P users who download copyrighted content also buy digital content online.
> This means that if these users were disconnected from the Internet under the
> new law, the music industry would lose customers and thus revenue.
>
> http://torrentfreak.com/piracy-rises...es-law-100609/

well clearly people now know that if they stop sharing something on the
first warning they will be fine now.