Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Why aren't fonts small?

Why aren't fonts small?

Mark B

VWD2008

At http://www.gertes.com/pages/about/academic_research/ underneath each
photo I have grey text which I selected as "Small" font size. Does anyone
know why it is showing as the same size as the body text?

Patrice

Use a tool such as the IE Developer toolbar (which is now part of IE or
Firebug. It will show which styles are used for this text.

Have you tried also several browsers to see if it's always wrong (in which
case it's likely your markup) or if it depends upon the browser (in whihc
case it could be some assumption about what is valid accross browsers) ?

--
Patrice

"Mark B" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion
: OXpF$(E-Mail Removed)...
> VWD2008
>
> At http://www.gertes.com/pages/about/academic_research/ underneath each
> photo I have grey text which I selected as "Small" font size. Does anyone
> know why it is showing as the same size as the body text?

Scott M.

The font size for the picture captions is showing smaller than the body text
for me (IE .

CSS can render with different results for different clients for many
different reasons. An error in the CSS may be ignored by one client (and
therefore let the rest of the CSS to be properly interpreted), but another
client may stop reading the rest of the CSS at the same error.

I would suggest you start by ensuring your CSS is valid at:
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

In addition, you may want to use the "em" unit of measurement, rather than
"small" in the first place. An "em" (emphasis unit) maximum value is 1,
where 1 represents 100% of the parent element's font size. So, if you want
the font of something to be 20% smaller than its parent element's font size,
set the font size to: font-size:.8em; (notice that's .8em, not 8em).

-Scott

news:OXpF$(E-Mail Removed)...