Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Accessing Variable from Repeater

Accessing Variable from Repeater

03-10-2010
Hello,

I am trying to set up a repeater and have certain data be displayed conditionally. This is done by comparing something in Databinder.Eval to a variable I have. However, I keep getting the following error:

Code:
CS0103: The name 'SubmitTo' does not exist in the current context
This is coming from the following code:

Code:
<select name="newSubmitTo">
<ASP:Repeater id="rSubmitTo" runat="server">
<ItemTemplate>
<option value="<%#DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem , "PERSONID")%>" <%#DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "PERSONID").ToString().Equals(SubmitTo) ? "selected" : "" %>><%#DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "PERSONFULLNAME")%></option>
</ItemTemplate>
</ASP:Repeater>
</select>
I've highlighted the offending bit of code. Now, this perplexes me because when I want to interact with this variable outside of the Repeater, I have no problem whatsoever--

<%Response.Write(SubmitTo);%> works both before the <ASP:Repeater> tag and after its ending </ASP:Repeater> tag.

If I change the following

Code:
<%#DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "PERSONID").ToString().Equals(SubmitTo) ? "selected" : "" %>
to this

Code:
<%#DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "PERSONID").ToString().Equals(63) ? "selected" : "" %>
How can I get the variable to work in this context? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.