Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Use an OCX file

Use an OCX file

yohannbzh yohannbzh is offline
Junior Member

Hello,

I'm desperately seeking a solution to a problem I have.
I want to use in a Python script a function of an OCX file that I already use in a C++ project. I have saved this file in the registry. Here's how I'm currently trying to use the function :
Code:
from win32com.client.gencache import EnsureModule
gencache.EnsureModule(CLSID, 0, 1, 0)
m = Dispatch(PROGID)
# So far, it works.
# If I display 'm', It writes the good description of my OCX file
# in the string representation of 'm'.
# If I type m.<TAB>, functions that I want to use appears well
m.myFunction()
# At this moment, i have a catastrophic failure '-2147418113' (0x8000FFFF)
Have someone a sense of worry that there may be? I tried lots of different ways, with comtypes,... but still the same problem.
I used the makepy.py script from win32com.client to generate a Python wrapper for my OCX file. I see my functions when I read the generated file.
Maybe I must init something but I don't know what.
Thank you

Yohann

PS : Sorry for my English, I'm French.

How to use an OCX in my asp.net app ? Tom ASP .Net 0 09-14-2008 01:46 PM
Use my OCX Guy Cohen ASP .Net 0 10-04-2006 02:20 PM
"hhctrl.ocx file in in-use" Sush C++ 2 06-16-2006 12:16 PM
Re-Register an OCX file.... The Prophecy Computer Support 1 04-18-2004 05:00 AM
can i use installshield to deploy an ocx? Donald C++ 2 12-19-2003 04:57 AM

Advertisments