Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re Microsoft Works Wod

Re Microsoft Works Wod

Deebrief

Is it possible to have 2 documents up on the screen side/side in order to
work on both.

Have spent hours trying to achieve this.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Dee

JD

On 09/03/2010 10:57 AM, Deebrief wrote:
> Is it possible to have 2 documents up on the screen side/side in order
> to work on both.
>
> Have spent hours trying to achieve this.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>

> Thanks
>
> Dee

In windows7 they have made a nice snap feature that lets you do exactly
this (Windows button + Left or Right Arrow key), on older versions of
windows you have to resize and place the windows yourself.

JD

TeeJay1952

On 3/9/2010 7:09 AM, JD wrote:
> On 09/03/2010 10:57 AM, Deebrief wrote:
>> Is it possible to have 2 documents up on the screen side/side in order
>> to work on both.
>>
>> Have spent hours trying to achieve this.
>>
>> Any help appreciated.
>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> Dee

> In windows7 they have made a nice snap feature that lets you do exactly
> this (Windows button + Left or Right Arrow key), on older versions of
> windows you have to resize and place the windows yourself.
>
> JD

Open both documents, point at taskbar and choose show windows side by
side (horizontal or vertical)Available seems like forever in Windows.

You don't know what you don't know till you know it
Tee Jay

TeeJay1952

On 3/9/2010 10:19 AM, TeeJay1952 wrote:
> On 3/9/2010 7:09 AM, JD wrote:
>> On 09/03/2010 10:57 AM, Deebrief wrote:
>>> Is it possible to have 2 documents up on the screen side/side in order
>>> to work on both.
>>>
>>> Have spent hours trying to achieve this.
>>>
>>> Any help appreciated.
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Dee

>> In windows7 they have made a nice snap feature that lets you do exactly
>> this (Windows button + Left or Right Arrow key), on older versions of
>> windows you have to resize and place the windows yourself.
>>
>> JD
>>

> Open both documents, point at taskbar and choose show windows side by
> side (horizontal or vertical)Available seems like forever in Windows.
>
> You don't know what you don't know till you know it
> Tee Jay

that is a right click on the taskbar.....

JD

On 09/03/2010 3:19 PM, TeeJay1952 wrote:
> On 3/9/2010 7:09 AM, JD wrote:
>> On 09/03/2010 10:57 AM, Deebrief wrote:
>>> Is it possible to have 2 documents up on the screen side/side in order
>>> to work on both.
>>>
>>> Have spent hours trying to achieve this.
>>>
>>> Any help appreciated.
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Dee

>> In windows7 they have made a nice snap feature that lets you do exactly
>> this (Windows button + Left or Right Arrow key), on older versions of
>> windows you have to resize and place the windows yourself.
>>
>> JD
>>

> Open both documents, point at taskbar and choose show windows side by
> side (horizontal or vertical)Available seems like forever in Windows.
>
> You don't know what you don't know till you know it
> Tee Jay

The Tile windows function is different from the win7 feature, if you
have multiple items open on the taskbar it will affect them all, however
this will work as you say if he only has 2 windows open.

JD

Jeff Strickland

"Deebrief" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsQpln.327399$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> Is it possible to have 2 documents up on the screen side/side in order to
> work on both.
>
> Have spent hours trying to achieve this.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>

> Thanks
>
> Dee

MSoft Office has a feature, WINDOW, Compare Side by Side. This feature has
been in all versions since the beginning of time. I can't say that it's in
Works or not, but it is in Office Suite applications.

Unlike the Windows feature that puts all open windows up, the Office feature
only puts up the open files of the application you'rte working on when the
feature is selected. Multiple Word files, for example, are placed
side-by-side (where side-by-side can be set to a verticle or horizontal or
tiled presentation).