Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Re: Cisco 1-Port 10 Gigabit Ethernet LAN/WAN-PHY Shared Port Adapter

Re: Cisco 1-Port 10 Gigabit Ethernet LAN/WAN-PHY Shared Port Adapter

bod43

On 8 Mar, 14:47, "mana" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Good evening I would want to ask with regard to module
> 10 Gigabit Ethernet
>
> *and configure in WAN
>
> from cisco it appears to say that it can use up to * 9.3gbpshttp://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps6267/product_dat...
> My problem is that it cannot exceed 9.05Gbps
> *It exists something that it would be supposed I am careful? or *is a bug ?

It looks as if English is not your native language. This is fine
but it makes it more difficult for me to be sure you
can understand.

My first reaction is that for nearly all networking purposes
9.05 = 9.3.

There is no practical difference.

If you truely need 9.3Gbps and 9.05 is not sufficient
then you probably need a solution other then 10G
Ethernet.

Given that your test results are not as expected then the
first thing to worry about is the test.

Please explain how you are generating the traffic,
how you are measuring the throughput,
and state what platform you are using.