Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Everything on my screen is too small

Everything on my screen is too small

iL_weReo

I finally got my 'puter back from the shop. I'm not out of the woods
yet; everything on my screen, including the icons are too small. Is
there any way to fix this? I tried the "View" trip from upstairs of
course but no go.

Any suggestions? What is the fix? Thank you.

Tim Conway

"iL_weReo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I finally got my 'puter back from the shop. I'm not out of the woods
> yet; everything on my screen, including the icons are too small. Is
> there any way to fix this? I tried the "View" trip from upstairs of
> course but no go.
>
> Any suggestions? What is the fix? Thank you.

It sounds to me like your monitor resolution is set higher than you would
like it. Right click on the desktop and select properties. You can change
your screen resolution to something smaller. (like 1024x768...) That will
make icons and text larger.

OldGringo38

Two Cents To The iL_weReo Post:
> I finally got my 'puter back from the shop. I'm not out of the woods
> yet; everything on my screen, including the icons are too small. Is
> there any way to fix this? I tried the "View" trip from upstairs of
> course but no go.
>
> Any suggestions? What is the fix? Thank you.

How about changing the monitor resolution.

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere

iL_weReo

On Mar 7, 6:49*pm, "Tim Conway" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "iL_weReo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> >I finally got my 'puter back from the shop. I'm not out of the woods
> > yet; everything on my screen, including the icons are too small. Is
> > there any way to fix this? I tried the "View" trip from upstairs of
> > course but no go.

> > Any suggestions? What is the fix? Thank you.

> It sounds to me like your monitor resolution is set higher than you would
> like it. *Right click on the desktop and select properties. *You can change
> your screen resolution to something smaller. (like 1024x768...) *That will
> make icons and text larger.

Thank you Tim it works! Btw, for those of you who remember that
"whirring" sound was actually my hard drive failing for months. I've
got a new hard drive installed, a few things here and there and Viola!
I'm like new. There isn't a whir coming from anywhere now. Only if I
can get the neighbors to be as quiet as this.

The tower is as quiet as a doorknob. I'm excited to be back online.
Btw, I'm sure my stalker will be here shortly. Tell him despite his
rumor mongering and aspersions to the contrary I've passed the kiddie
porn test from the geeks at Best Buy once again, and I challenge him
to do the same. After all, it's the same guy who is a convicted,
regisTuRD child rapist and sex offender, served a lengthy prison term
for same and who's tower was seized by the feds last time. I think
they overlooked something.

iL_weReo

On Mar 7, 6:52*pm, OldGringo38 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
> Two Cents To The *iL_weReo Post:> I finally got my 'puter back from the shop. I'm not out of the woods
> > yet; everything on my screen, including the icons are too small. Is
> > there any way to fix this? I tried the "View" trip from upstairs of
> > course but no go.

> > Any suggestions? What is the fix? Thank you.

> How about changing the monitor resolution.
>
> --
> Old Gringo
> Just West Of Nowhere
> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullesthttp://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

Great! It works! Now as I rebuild, I'll try to reload my OutHouse
Express so I can use the newsgroups the way I want once again.

OldGringo38

Two Cents To The James Pablos Post:

No Brakes, No Brain's, and No ****ing Insurance. Get Lost WB.

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

Zu Arsschlaark!

"Pig Pluc:ker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <hn1tq0$btq$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
> OldGringo38 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
>> Two Cents To The James Pablos Post:

>> > SHUT UP WITH HELPING FAT UGLY SICK PEDOPHILES or are u ONE 2 u BITCH?

>> No Brakes, No Brain's, and No ****ing Insurance. Get Lost WB.

> OH I SEE....u ARE a STINKING PEDOPHILE who trades KIDDY PORN with
> PEDOSHINE and u are hoping that PiGGy will send u some MORE as a THANX
> --
> "Scott Lifshine is the biggest joke on the Internet" -Desk Rabbit
> Žo|oŽ

Aw you're just jealous becoz he wont be sending KP to you exclusively
anymore.

iL_weReo

On Mar 8, 5:33*am, "Zu Arsschlaark!" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> "Pig Pluc:ker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> > In article <hn1tq0$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
> > OldGringo38 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
> >> Two Cents To The *James Pablos Post:

> >> No Brakes, No Brain's, and No ****ing Insurance. Get Lost *WB.

> > OH I SEE....u ARE a STINKING PEDOPHILE who trades KIDDY PORN with
> > PEDOSHINE and u are hoping that PiGGy will send u some MORE as a THANX
> > --
> > "Scott Lifshine is the biggest joke on the Internet" -Desk Rabbit
> > Žo|oŽ

> Aw you're just jealous becoz he wont be sending KP to you exclusively
> anymore.- Hide quoted text -

Lol.

I do this in memory of little Timmy O'Toole

I've called the cops and they're on their way

As some of you might know, I have recently bought a new 2010 Z-Class
casket in Black on Black & a 6 speed manual that will quickly get it
to 190+ m.p.h.

I am fixing this up to be one of the fastest and best looking caskets
ever
and one of my main appearance modifications is that I have a highly
respected artist who is creating a painting on the inside of the hood
on
the liner that is over the casket. This is mostly for casket shows or
showing it off to my PeDIO FRIENDS at PeDIO Concerts. Once I take
possession
of the casket, I will then start working on painting the engine to
match...etc etc etc

A PORTION OF MY BRAIN WAS DESTROYED IN THE PRISON

I've called the cops and they're on their way.

OldGringo38

Two Cents To The ker" <(E-Mail Removed)>" Post:
> In article<hn1tq0$btq$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
> OldGringo38<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
>> Two Cents To The James Pablos Post:

>>> SHUT UP WITH HELPING FAT UGLY SICK PEDOPHILES or are u ONE 2 u BITCH?

>> No Brakes, No Brain's, and No ****ing Insurance. Get Lost WB.

> OH I SEE....u ARE a STINKING PEDOPHILE who trades KIDDY PORN with
> PEDOSHINE and u are hoping that PiGGy will send u some MORE as a THANX

It appears as though you missed the boat, how sad as you stand there
all alone waving good by and no one waves back. What a pathetic mess
you must be, another little person with no where to go, and nothing
going for himself. I wish you luck even if it is bad.

--

On Mar 8, 12:30*pm, Lookout <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 18:49:24 -0500, "Tim Conway"
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >"iL_weReo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)....
> >>I finally got my 'puter back from the shop. I'm not out of the woods
> >> yet; everything on my screen, including the icons are too small. Is
> >> there any way to fix this? I tried the "View" trip from upstairs of
> >> course but no go.

> >> Any suggestions? What is the fix? Thank you.

> >It sounds to me like your monitor resolution is set higher than you would
> >like it. *Right click on the desktop and select properties. *You can change
> >your screen resolution to something smaller. (like 1024x768...) *That will
> >make icons and text larger.

> It sounds to me like she is computer illiterate and needs a basic
> Windows Course. Hell..she needs Windows for Dummies.
>
> And no doubt it was in the shop for trojans and virus's. Take the damn
> thing away from her now.

Thank you for your suggestion, but I'm doing ok.

RIP Blinky the Shark!