Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > 1 DVD plays in Black & White whilst all others work fine!?

1 DVD plays in Black & White whilst all others work fine!?

Savo Savo is offline
Junior Member

Hi,

An elderly neighbour has an old tele. She plays DVD's fine yet now a new DVD will only play in Black & White. Have tried different Scarts and even 2 different DVD player yet same thing happens with this one DVD. On one DVD player it did say 'playback restricted' which made me thing it was the format but its a UK DVD so dont know how or why and does work in other peoples houses!

All points towards the TV I think and after doing some research online I see PAL, PAL-M and NTSC mentioned though dont have a clue what these mean or how they can be changed if needed to. I have looked on settings on TV and very few options

It would make a lady very happy if I can get this sorted for her! Can anyone help please?

Thanks