Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Problem with CSS and text

Problem with CSS and text

rf

richard wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 13:41:45 +1100, dorayme wrote:
>
>> In article <4pffk9qcma1$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> yeah you stupid dumb**** and please read exactly where it is
>>> allowed to be placed. Is it allowed in "div"? No.

Richard the St00pid, being just plain wrong again.

>> The stupid dfing mfers at
>>
>> <http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/present/graphics.html#adef-align>
>>
>> place it squarely in the opening tag of a div element. That it is
>> deprecated for 4.01 Strict is another issue.

> Now do all of you fine people understand what "deprecated" means?

Yes, just about everybody here does. Do you RtS?

> While the validator may still accept the code as kosher, it is more
> proper and more correct to use these attributes inside the style
> section.

There is no such thing as an attribute "inside the style section". You are
probably talking about property/value pairs inside the style element.

Why don't you crawl back to 24hourssupport.helpdesk, or that trucking group,
where your gross inaccuracies are less of a problem. And people in these
technical groups do not appreciate being called a stupid dumb****, you
st00pid dum****.

Roy A.

On 6 Mar, 03:14, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 15:34:55 -0800 (PST), Roy A. wrote:

> >> That's because it's an HTML attribute, RtS.

> >> Where is the "table notation" in the original post?

> >> <checks> Yes, I see exactly zero table, tr and td elements.

> > In HTML 4.01 Transitional you have an align attribute for div
> > elements.
> >http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/index/attributes.html

> yeah you stupid dumb****

my pleasure

> and please read exactly where it is allowed to be
> placed. Is it allowed in "div"? No.

Line 11 in the above table. It is deprecated, but I said HTML 4.01
*Transitional*. The *Loose DTD* tells you exactly where it is allowed.

<!ATTLIST DIV
%attrs; -- %coreattrs, %i18n, %events --
%align; -- align, text alignment --
%reserved; -- reserved for possible future use --

<!ENTITY % align "align (left|center|right|justify) #IMPLIED"
-- default is left for ltr paragraphs, right for
rtl -->

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/sgml/loosedtd.html

claudia

> This causes the text to be aligned in the center of the division.

But is this my problem???

I've tried to change it but I have the same problem ((

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

claudia wrote:

> But is this my problem???
>
> I've tried to change it but I have the same problem ((

URL?

--
-bts

claudia

Beauregard T. Shagnasty ha scritto:
> claudia wrote:
>
>> But is this my problem???
>>
>> I've tried to change it but I have the same problem ((

> URL?

Excuse me but I dont' have a public server!!!

If you give me mail address I send you a zip page

Thanks

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed claudia <(E-Mail Removed)>
writing in news:BVtkn.129665$(E-Mail Removed) :

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty ha scritto:
>> claudia wrote:
>>
>>> But is this my problem???
>>>
>>> I've tried to change it but I have the same problem ((

>> URL?
>>

> Excuse me but I dont' have a public server!!!
>
> If you give me mail address I send you a zip page
>
> Thanks

No one is going to do your "homework" for you, and no one wants to open a
potentially virus ridden zipfile.

Put what you have on a public server. There are plenty of free hosting
services where you can put something up, your ISP probably gives you some
free space. Come back with a URL and we'll be happy to look at it.

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services

claudia

> and no one wants to open a potentially virus ridden zipfile.

aahahahahahahahahahahahahah

I hope that you're so expert that you can know if a file is a virus ....
or are you so naive?

ahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahaa hahhahahahahahahahaha

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

claudia wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty ha scritto:
>> claudia wrote:
>>> But is this my problem???
>>> I've tried to change it but I have the same problem ((

>> URL?

> Excuse me but I dont' have a public server!!!

I assumed (as probably did everyone reading here) that you were working
on a web page destined for the WWW - in which case you have hosting.

If you are unlucky and your ISP doesn't supply free space (as Adrienne
suggested), try this place:
http://000webhosting.com/
(fine for some testing but I'd not recommend it for a permanent site.
They've been known to just remove accounts with no warning.)

> If you give me mail address I send you a zip page

...and you want to use one of my servers? Thanks, but no thanks.

You see, those 200 lines of code you posted are so incomplete it is
impossible to guess exactly what your problem could be. You only gave
fragments, which did not include your choice of DOCTYPE, a <head> block,
and so forth. You also showed a hundred lines of CSS with a trailing

There is little anyone can do until we see a complete page.

--
-bts

Roy A.

On 6 Mar, 15:46, claudia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Beauregard T. Shagnasty ha scritto:
>
> > claudia wrote:

> >> But is this my problem???

> >> I've tried to change it but I have the same problem ((

> > URL?

> Excuse me but I dont' have a public server!!!

Check libero.it, you can't be the only one that don't get some free
space.

Liberio givs you at least 150MB free space. Hit the "read more" link:
http://internet.libero.it/dialup56k/#

> If you give me mail address I send you a zip page

Yes, of course. Why don't you do some work?

dorayme

In article <hmu8ep$kru$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> claudia wrote:
>
> > Beauregard T. Shagnasty ha scritto:
> >>
> >> URL?

> > Excuse me but I dont' have a public server!!!

> There is little anyone can do until we see a complete page.

That is, without declaring to the whole world that we have no
life and are prepared to guess and reconstruct and ... Think of
supplying a URL as an act of charity *towards* us, a face saving
device... <g>

--
dorayme

CSS MENU and CSS photo gallery desjardins.daniel@gmail.com Javascript 1 02-19-2006 06:22 PM
CSS bolding text problem Joe Blow HTML 3 12-28-2005 02:56 PM
Whining and bitching about MSIE 6 CSS bugs and CSS support =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Talbot?= HTML 0 07-09-2005 06:48 AM