Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Checking Files

Checking Files

Tricky

Im creating a protected type that should wrap up a load of simulus I
commonly use (constant input, random, count or input from file) but
coming to the file bit I have a couple of questions:

1. If I have a file already open, do I have to call FILE_CLOSE before
I use FILE_OPEN on the same file (file in VHDL, not file on hard
disk).

2. If I dont need to call FILE_CLOSE, would FILE_OPEN on the same file
cause it to re-read the file and start from the beginning?

3. is there a handing procedure something like IS_OPEN to check if a
file is already open?