Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > CeBIT 2010 Day 2

CeBIT 2010 Day 2

Ian Ian is offline
Administrator
Ian's Avatar

HardwareHeaven have a writeup of day 2 at CeBIT 2010, highlighting some of the new tech developments we'll be seeing in future months:

Quote:
Nvidia’s ultra-secure location provided us with probably the most interesting meeting of the day. In one room they had a GTX 480 SLI system up and running, connected to 3 1080p screens powering Need For Speed Shift (in 3D). Next door, a similar system was running Bad Company 2 on the same display configuration. In a third room were numerous boxes running single GTX 480 cards. We are glad to report that the room was not burning down and that it didn’t sound like a wind tunnel which is great... as for the various tech demos on show, each was impressive in its own way. Hair effects on the GTX 480 are significantly ahead of anything we have seen before. The level of detail in PhysX explosions such as the collapsing bridge was also highly impressive.
Read the article here.