Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > God do I f------ HATE superzoom P&S's (example)

God do I f------ HATE superzoom P&S's (example)

RichA

A friend of mine went to an Autorama. I suggested he take his Nikon
DSLR, but for some reason, he opted instead to bring a mid-level Sony
P&S. Memories to cherish? Uggg!

Corner crop at only 400 ISO. So much for those "great" P&S lenses.

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/imag...38348/original

Ray Fischer

RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>A friend of mine went to an Autorama. I suggested he take his Nikon
>DSLR, but for some reason, he opted instead to bring a mid-level Sony
>P&S.

And you took a mid-level SLR instead of a 40MP medium-format SLR?
Quite the hypocrite, aren't you?

>Corner crop

Another idiot pixel-peeper.

--
Ray Fischer

Charles Chase

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 21:07:11 -0800 (PST), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>A friend of mine went to an Autorama. I suggested he take his Nikon
>DSLR, but for some reason, he opted instead to bring a mid-level Sony
>P&S. Memories to cherish? Uggg!
>
>Corner crop at only 400 ISO. So much for those "great" P&S lenses.
>
>http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/imag...38348/original

If I was as psychotically obsessed as you are I could find 1000x's that
many coming from expensive DSLR glass. I've seen far worse posted right in
this newsgroup coming from DSLRs, even when not represented as 100% crops.
I recall one person bragging about their sports-field shots at night, and
how good their DSLR was for that type of lighting, until I pointed out the
CA from their camera. The CA being three times as bad the image you are
using for an example. Each CA artifact in their DSLR image appeared as a
completely separate flood-light.

How soon psychotics forget.

RichA

On Mar 3, 1:50*am, (E-Mail Removed) (Ray Fischer) wrote:
> RichA *<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >A friend of mine went to an Autorama. *I suggested he take his Nikon
> >DSLR, but for some reason, he opted instead to bring a mid-level Sony
> >P&S.

> And you took a mid-level SLR instead of a 40MP medium-format SLR?
> Quite the hypocrite, aren't you?
>
> >Corner crop

> Another idiot pixel-peeper.

Think those issues disappear completely at 1000x 750? Shrink it and
see.

BFD

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 01:36:41 -0800 (PST), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Mar 3, 3:48*am, Me <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> RichA wrote:
>> >http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/imag...38348/original

>> Something about your image must be fake - was it recent?.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...rhol_grave.jpg

>Check the EXIF.

Like all DSLR-Trolls do he most likely edited all the EXIF info.

RichA

On Mar 3, 4:54*am, BFD <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 01:36:41 -0800 (PST), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:

> >> Something about your image must be fake - was it recent?.http://upload..wikimedia.org/wikiped...rhol_grave.jpg

> >Check the EXIF.

> Like all DSLR-Trolls do he most likely edited all the EXIF info.

"A drowning man will grab even the point of a sword."

ray

On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 21:07:11 -0800, RichA wrote:

> A friend of mine went to an Autorama. I suggested he take his Nikon
> DSLR, but for some reason, he opted instead to bring a mid-level Sony
> P&S. Memories to cherish? Uggg!
>
> Corner crop at only 400 ISO. So much for those "great" P&S lenses.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/imag...38348/original

I have an idea! Since you don't like them - DON'T USE THEM! The choice is
yours.

RichA

On Mar 3, 11:11*am, ray <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 21:07:11 -0800, RichA wrote:
> > A friend of mine went to an Autorama. *I suggested he take his Nikon
> > DSLR, but for some reason, he opted instead to bring a mid-level Sony
> > P&S. *Memories to cherish? *Uggg!

> > Corner crop at only 400 ISO. *So much for those "great" P&S lenses.

> >http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/imag...38348/original

> I have an idea! Since you don't like them - DON'T USE THEM! The choice is
> yours.

I don't and I don't.

Ray Fischer

RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Mar 3, 1:50*am, (E-Mail Removed) (Ray Fischer) wrote:
>> RichA *<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >A friend of mine went to an Autorama. *I suggested he take his Nikon
>> >DSLR, but for some reason, he opted instead to bring a mid-level Sony
>> >P&S.

>> And you took a mid-level SLR instead of a 40MP medium-format SLR?
>> Quite the hypocrite, aren't you?
>>
>> >Corner crop

>> Another idiot pixel-peeper.

>Think those issues disappear completely at 1000x 750?

You are a whiny, arrogant, hypocrite. You insist that YOUR
compromises are the only acceptable compromises and you're such a
moron that you don't even seem to realize that you make compromises.

--
Ray Fischer
(E-Mail Removed)

RichA

On Mar 3, 10:09*pm, (E-Mail Removed) (Ray Fischer) wrote:
> RichA *<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> And you took a mid-level SLR instead of a 40MP medium-format SLR?
> >> Quite the hypocrite, aren't you?

> >> Another idiot pixel-peeper.

> >Think those issues disappear completely at 1000x 750?

> You are a whiny, arrogant, hypocrite. *You insist that YOUR
> compromises are the only acceptable compromises and you're such a
> moron that you don't even seem to realize that you make compromises.

There is a basement limit, even for clods like you. IMO, I've not yet
seen ANY P&S with a small sensor that can do justice to 400 ISO or
higher. If you think they can, say so. Then post some images.