Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Not producing a driver for a keyboard

Not producing a driver for a keyboard

john hamilton

My son bought a Medion desktop computer very recently but does not want to
use the keyboard that came packaged with it since he has a logitech cordless
keyboard that he prefers to use.

I would like to use this keyboard myself and use it plugged into a 'Acer
Aspire One' mini-note book computer.

The medion keyboard has a round pin plug on it so I have plugged that into a
USB adaptor so I can plug it into the USB port of the Acer.

Nothing happens when i plug it in. I went to the Medion web site and typed
in the keyboard details and serial number on their 'locate drivers' web
page.

Since the webpage could not produce a driver for their keyboard, I emailed
Medions technical help. The response was if its not listed then we dont do
a driver for it.

Could this be the case that they really dont provide a driver for a keyboard
of theirs? Or is it just a lazy response and I should persue the matter
further with them. Thanks for advice.

why?

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 12:04:41 -0000, john hamilton wrote:

>My son bought a Medion desktop computer very recently but does not want to
>use the keyboard that came packaged with it since he has a logitech cordless
>keyboard that he prefers to use.
>
>I would like to use this keyboard myself and use it plugged into a 'Acer
>Aspire One' mini-note book computer.
>
>The medion keyboard has a round pin plug on it so I have plugged that into a

Hopefully it's not this type AT 5 PIN DIN,
http://www.lindy.co.uk/lindyshop/pictures/70029big.jpg
but you mean this PS/2 like the connector on the left
http://www.lindy.co.uk/lindyshop/pictures/30365big.jpg

>USB adaptor so I can plug it into the USB port of the Acer.

So it's a PS/2 & USB compatiable keyboard? A mechanical adapter won't do
that for you.

>Nothing happens when i plug it in. I went to the Medion web site and typed
>in the keyboard details and serial number on their 'locate drivers' web

<snip>

Oddly enough, you didn't mention the keyboard details in your post. Nor
the PC info, ditto for adapter.

Keyboard drivers built into basic OS for many years.

Me