Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Server in US, Client in India

Server in US, Client in India

edc_raj edc_raj is offline
Junior Member

Hello everyone
Our hosting company is in US and we have users in India. The users enter data along with which the date of entry is also stored in the DB. I am using the server date and so I always get the server date displayed on the system which is the US date. How do I display Indian date without using the system time which can be tampered with?

The problem is some reports give erratic data because an entry at 8 AM IST is an entry at 9:30 PM the previous day in the US. so when I run a report for today sometimes I get data for yesterday also in that because of the time difference.

I am using C#. Again I do not want to use CJScript and get the client machine's time.

Thanks so much for your help.

Raj