Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD pausing problem

DVD pausing problem

Lil Red Riding In The Hood

On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 15:43:01 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (GMAN)
wrote:

>>> Get a friend to rent it from netflix and return that one instead.

>>After you go to the expense of adding all of the Netflix identifiers
>>to the disc, of course. What? You think they're stupid?

>Agreed, there was a local video rental store around here (Remember those?)
>that used to put UV sensitive paint on the bottom of the hubs of the video
>tapes so that when they were reurned , they just had to hold it to a UV
>lightsource to see if someone had opened the tape and exchanged a copy
>into the case. They had alot of that happen back then when those dual Go Video
>VCR's popped into the market. Many of the tapes back then were still rental
>only, $99 wonders.
>

> I am very sure there are some similar measures to make sure they get back the
>DVD's that they ship.

LOCAL and SHIP do not go together, ShipDip.

FatBytestard

On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 11:54:45 -0800, UCLAN <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>GMAN wrote:
>
>> I am very sure there are some similar measures to make sure they get back the
>> DVD's that they ship.

>Oh, there is. A bar code and a white ring on the center of the disc.

Those are placed by the DVD maker, and are unique to the title, NOT the
****ing disc, idiot.

UCLAN

FatBytestard wrote:

>>> I am very sure there are some similar measures to make sure they get back the
>>>DVD's that they ship.

>>Oh, there is. A bar code and a white ring on the center of the disc.

> Those are placed by the DVD maker, and are unique to the title, NOT the
> ****ing disc, idiot.

Odd that none of my purchased DVDs have them.

GMAN

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 11:54:45 -0800, UCLAN <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>GMAN wrote:
>>
>>> I am very sure there are some similar measures to make sure they get back

> the
>>> DVD's that they ship.

>>Oh, there is. A bar code and a white ring on the center of the disc.

> Those are placed by the DVD maker, and are unique to the title, NOT the
>****ing disc, idiot.

Name 1 DVD presser that places a paper label and paper bar code on the disk?

UCLAN

Daniel W. Rouse Jr. wrote:

>>> Those are placed by the DVD maker, and are unique to the title, NOT
>>> the
>>> ****ing disc, idiot.

>> Odd that none of my purchased DVDs have them.

> You aren't looking hard enough or you're not looking in the right place.
>
> Example #1: Drumline Special Edition DVD. Numbers and barcoding appear
> on the playing side of the disc, surrounding a white ring that surrounds
> the center hole.
>
> Example #2: Entrapment Special Edition DVD. Similar to Drumline Special
> Edition DVD, the numbers and barcoding appear in a similar location on
> the playing side.
>
> Example #3: The Fugitive DVD. Numbers and barcoding are partially
> visible from the label side and even more visible from the playing side
> (barcoding on that disc looks like blocky morse code style dots and
> dashes).
>
> Note that the barcoding and white ring may be obscured if the label
> covers all the label side of the disc except for the center hole. Flip
> the disc over to the playing side, and hold the disc at an angle under
> reasonably bright light to see the numbers and barcoding.

Completely different ring/bar code. Netflix puts an Avery type white label
*ON TOP OF* the ordinary disc title label on the label side of the disc.
This label is *NEVER* "obscured" by the manufacturers title label. It is
on *TOP* of the manufacturers title label. For example, the film "2012"
(nifty special effects; otherwise blah) has a white Avery type round label
on top of the black/gray disc title label. It has the title "2012" and the
letter "N" on the top portion of the label, and a bar code with the number
554 at the bottom. The white Netflix disc sleeve also has a bar code and
the number 207554 at the top, with the number 554 surrounded by a square.
These numbers are not related to any disc ASIN or UPC numbers.

I have checked this on my last two Netflix rentals, as well as close to
a dozen purchased discs.

FatBytestard

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 19:50:48 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (GMAN)
wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>> the
>>>
>>>Oh, there is. A bar code and a white ring on the center of the disc.

>> Those are placed by the DVD maker, and are unique to the title, NOT the
>>****ing disc, idiot.

>Name 1 DVD presser that places a paper label and paper bar code on the disk?

Obviously, you ****ing retarded twit, I am not referring to any added
****tard label that you ****tard rental retards are used to seeing.

I am talking about the disc, as pressed has ident encoding rings on
them at the hub. If your rental retard paradigm dumb**** slaps a label
on them after that, it is your problem, and theirs, not mine.

FatBytestard

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 12:03:54 -0800, UCLAN <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Completely different ring/bar code. Netflix puts an Avery type white label
>*ON TOP OF* the ordinary disc title label on the label side of the disc.

Then they are retarded as well. So is any idiot that would have a
problem reproducing one.

It would take me less than ten minutes, and that is only because I
would have to go find my camera, and add fresh batteries to it.

Chick Tower

On 2010-03-05, FatBytestard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Those are placed by the DVD maker, and are unique to the title, NOT the
> ****ing disc, idiot.

These people from alt.video.dvd are such pleasant folk.
--
Chick Tower

For e-mail: avdtv DOT sent DOT towerboy AT xoxy DOT net

UCLAN

Chick Tower wrote:

> On 2010-03-05, FatBytestard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Those are placed by the DVD maker, and are unique to the title, NOT the
>>****ing disc, idiot.

> These people from alt.video.dvd are such pleasant folk.

FatBytestard is a known troll in several groups. Ignore him.

FatBytestard

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 21:43:55 +0000 (UTC), Chick Tower
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 2010-03-05, FatBytestard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Those are placed by the DVD maker, and are unique to the title, NOT the
>> ****ing disc, idiot.

>These people from alt.video.dvd are such pleasant folk.

With a stupid nym like that, you should go back to the chat rooms.