Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Viewsonic 721A Monitor

Viewsonic 721A Monitor

Badger

I've Googled this extensively but have come up with differing opinions. A
recently purchased (second-hand) monitor as above keeps popping up a message
saying :Analog" while in use. Does anyone know if this is normal and, if so,
is there any way to stop it happening?
TIA
Badger

thanatoid

"Badger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:4b8b8fc8$(E-Mail Removed):

> I've Googled this extensively but have come up with
> differing opinions. A recently purchased (second-hand)
> monitor as above keeps popping up a message saying :Analog"
> while in use. Does anyone know if this is normal and, if
> so, is there any way to stop it happening?
> TIA
> Badger

There are several sites with free user manual DL's for just
about everything ever made for computers.
Google.

--
The lonely child plays with eternity, while a gang of children
plays with time.

Mike Easter

Badger wrote:
Subject: Viewsonic 721A Monitor

No such monitor is listed at the viewsonic page for
archived/discontinued products.

> recently purchased (second-hand) monitor as above keeps popping up a message
> saying :Analog" while in use.

This is an incomplete description of a problem/condition.

The monitor is not adequately identified, such as LCD or VGA connection
or some other alternative.

Analog is a normal monitor signal which isn't digital (doh). It would
be 'logical' for some unknown monitor which might receive (either)
analog or digital signal to announce (once) that its signal is analog.

> Does anyone know if this is normal and, if so,
> is there any way to stop it happening?

Go to the viewsonic site and try to find your monitor in the listings
for archived/discontinued models
http://www.viewsonic.com/products/archive/

Go to the wikipedia and read about computer monitors and analog and
digital signals http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_monitors

<See the modern technology section there>

Click the wikipedia connector links so that you can see various
connections such as VGA and DVI and HDMI.

--
Mike Easter