Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Was Roswell NM the first alien craft crash? Maybe not

Reply
Thread Tools

Was Roswell NM the first alien craft crash? Maybe not

 
 
richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-28-2010
The History channel is now airing an item that may give some credence to a
story that will put Roswell as just another UFO incident.

It would appear that numerous residents of Texas, in 1897, witnessed a
cigar shaped UFO flying over head. Not just in Texas, but in several other
states as well.

The craft eventually crash landed in Aurora, Texas. Striking a windmill on
a farm owned by a Judge Procter. The crash caused the craft to explode and
split into thousands of pieces with a single, unearthly, body inside it.
One person who had seen the body, claimed it to be a "martian". The body
was then given a proper earthly burial.

If you have History channel access, by all means, check the listings for
air times and watch it. If it's a hoax, it's a damn good one.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mike Yetto
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-28-2010
richard <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
> The History channel is now airing an item that may give some credence to a
> story that will put Roswell as just another UFO incident.
>


I think you mean "weather balloon" incident that morphed into a
legend 20 years later.

> It would appear that numerous residents of Texas, in 1897, witnessed a
> cigar shaped UFO flying over head. Not just in Texas, but in several other
> states as well.
>
> The craft eventually crash landed in Aurora, Texas. Striking a windmill on
> a farm owned by a Judge Procter. The crash caused the craft to explode and
> split into thousands of pieces with a single, unearthly, body inside it.
> One person who had seen the body, claimed it to be a "martian". The body
> was then given a proper earthly burial.
>


The "martian" was probably the remains of the goat, two pigs and
four chickens that the meterorite struck after it destroyed the
windmill.

> If you have History channel access, by all means, check the listings for
> air times and watch it. If it's a hoax, it's a damn good one.


It is a myth and a damned typical one.

Mike "extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof" Yetto
--
Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate.
- William of Ockham
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-28-2010
On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 14:55:03 -0500, Mike Yetto wrote:

> richard <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
>> The History channel is now airing an item that may give some credence to a
>> story that will put Roswell as just another UFO incident.
>>

>
> I think you mean "weather balloon" incident that morphed into a
> legend 20 years later.
>
>> It would appear that numerous residents of Texas, in 1897, witnessed a
>> cigar shaped UFO flying over head. Not just in Texas, but in several other
>> states as well.
>>
>> The craft eventually crash landed in Aurora, Texas. Striking a windmill on
>> a farm owned by a Judge Procter. The crash caused the craft to explode and
>> split into thousands of pieces with a single, unearthly, body inside it.
>> One person who had seen the body, claimed it to be a "martian". The body
>> was then given a proper earthly burial.
>>

>
> The "martian" was probably the remains of the goat, two pigs and
> four chickens that the meterorite struck after it destroyed the
> windmill.
>
>> If you have History channel access, by all means, check the listings for
>> air times and watch it. If it's a hoax, it's a damn good one.

>
> It is a myth and a damned typical one.
>
> Mike "extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof" Yetto



Consider the facts. In 1897 there were no flying aircraft other than hot
air balloons. The words, "cigar shaped", described a vehicle other than hot
air balloons. The craft had been reported seen throughout Texas and
numerous other states. In the daylight.

Hot air ballons also could not be controlled other than by air currents.
They did not leave trails of smoke behind them. They were generally not
made of metal.

Myth? Perhaps. But then we also have Kecksburg. Now that, is a myth in my
opinion.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Mike Yetto
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-28-2010
richard <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
> On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 14:55:03 -0500, Mike Yetto wrote:
>
>> richard <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
>>> The History channel is now airing an item that may give some credence to a
>>> story that will put Roswell as just another UFO incident.
>>>

>>
>> I think you mean "weather balloon" incident that morphed into a
>> legend 20 years later.
>>
>>> It would appear that numerous residents of Texas, in 1897, witnessed a
>>> cigar shaped UFO flying over head. Not just in Texas, but in several other
>>> states as well.
>>>
>>> The craft eventually crash landed in Aurora, Texas. Striking a windmill on
>>> a farm owned by a Judge Procter. The crash caused the craft to explode and
>>> split into thousands of pieces with a single, unearthly, body inside it.
>>> One person who had seen the body, claimed it to be a "martian". The body
>>> was then given a proper earthly burial.
>>>

>>
>> The "martian" was probably the remains of the goat, two pigs and
>> four chickens that the meterorite struck after it destroyed the
>> windmill.
>>
>>> If you have History channel access, by all means, check the listings for
>>> air times and watch it. If it's a hoax, it's a damn good one.

>>
>> It is a myth and a damned typical one.
>>
>> Mike "extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof" Yetto

>
>
> Consider the facts. In 1897 there were no flying aircraft other than hot
> air balloons. The words, "cigar shaped", described a vehicle other than hot
> air balloons. The craft had been reported seen throughout Texas and
> numerous other states. In the daylight.
>


Why would you think such unsubstantiated claims are more
believable than current ones? Does age add a patina of
verisimilitude (truthiness to you)?

> Hot air ballons also could not be controlled other than by air currents.
> They did not leave trails of smoke behind them. They were generally not
> made of metal.
>


Dirigibles had been around for over 100 years at that point and
can accurately be described as cigar shaped.

> Myth? Perhaps. But then we also have Kecksburg. Now that, is a myth in my
> opinion.


You, yourself, are reaching mythic porportions.

Mike "critical thinking, try it sometime" Yetto
--
In theory, theory and practice are the same.
In practice they are not.
 
Reply With Quote
 
chuckcar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2010
richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:lfioy1qqvogb$.11z5a7npd526q$(E-Mail Removed):

> On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 14:55:03 -0500, Mike Yetto wrote:
>
>> richard <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
>>> The History channel is now airing an item that may give some
>>> credence to a story that will put Roswell as just another UFO
>>> incident.


> Consider the facts. In 1897 there were no flying aircraft other than
> hot air balloons. The words, "cigar shaped", described a vehicle other
> than hot air balloons. The craft had been reported seen throughout
> Texas and numerous other states. In the daylight.
>

And at that time what are *now* called ufo's were thought by the
observers to be balloons.

> Hot air ballons also could not be controlled other than by air
> currents. They did not leave trails of smoke behind them. They were
> generally not made of metal.
>

They sure as hell did leave smoke. How do you think they heated the air?

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
 
Reply With Quote
 
The Chief Instigator
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2010
On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 14:55:03 -0500, Mike Yetto <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> richard <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
>> The History channel is now airing an item that may give some credence to a
>> story that will put Roswell as just another UFO incident.
>>

>
> I think you mean "weather balloon" incident that morphed into a
> legend 20 years later.
>
>> It would appear that numerous residents of Texas, in 1897, witnessed a
>> cigar shaped UFO flying over head. Not just in Texas, but in several other
>> states as well.
>>
>> The craft eventually crash landed in Aurora, Texas. Striking a windmill on
>> a farm owned by a Judge Procter. The crash caused the craft to explode and
>> split into thousands of pieces with a single, unearthly, body inside it.
>> One person who had seen the body, claimed it to be a "martian". The body
>> was then given a proper earthly burial.
>>

>
> The "martian" was probably the remains of the goat, two pigs and
> four chickens that the meterorite struck after it destroyed the
> windmill.
>
>> If you have History channel access, by all means, check the listings for
>> air times and watch it. If it's a hoax, it's a damn good one.

>
> It is a myth and a damned typical one.
>
> Mike "extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof" Yetto


Pretty likely...Aurora's not all that far away from Fort Worth, in Wise
County, about 45 miles towards Wichita Falls, and in all the time I've spent
in Tarrant County, I haven't heard of that. Why didn't anyone notice such
an alleged craft in transit between Aurora and Roswell, 500-odd miles to the
west?

--
Patrick L. "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey ((E-Mail Removed)) Houston, Texas
www.io.com/~patrick/aeros.php (TCI's 2009-10 Houston Aeros) AA#2273
LAST GAME: Texas 5, Houston 2 (February 27)
NEXT GAME: Wednesday, March 3 at San Antonio, 7:05
 
Reply With Quote
 
Desk Rabbit
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2010
On 28/02/2010 18:22, richard wrote:
> The History channel is now airing an item that may give some credence to a
> story that will put Roswell as just another UFO incident.
>
> It would appear that numerous residents of Texas, in 1897, witnessed a
> cigar shaped UFO flying over head. Not just in Texas, but in several other
> states as well.
>
> The craft eventually crash landed in Aurora, Texas. Striking a windmill on
> a farm owned by a Judge Procter. The crash caused the craft to explode and
> split into thousands of pieces with a single, unearthly, body inside it.
> One person who had seen the body, claimed it to be a "martian". The body
> was then given a proper earthly burial.


Split into thousands of pieces yet a body survived in good enough shape
to be recognisable as not human??????

And this witness had seen enough real live Martians to recognise a dead
one from several parts spread over a wide area? Hmmmmmm.....

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is Alien The Director's Cut same disc from Alien Quadrilogy? Barney DVD Video 4 10-03-2004 04:38 PM
Alien quad or Alien legacy Dragon DVD Video 6 09-16-2004 04:46 PM
Alien Quadrilogy Japanese Set w/Alien Head Mr Muckle DVD Video 1 05-26-2004 10:47 PM
Alien Quadrilogy - Alien 3 defect Morgan DVD Video 5 01-09-2004 11:05 PM
Alien Quad vs. Alien Legacy? Jordan Lund DVD Video 20 12-15-2003 07:04 PM



Advertisments