Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: German Phone Number

Re: German Phone Number

Philippe Deleye

"Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You hit the nail on the head. There is nothing wrong with a Sipgate
> number but even if I put in a German address, it does not send me the
> confirmation e-mail as I guess it knows I am not in Germany and I cannot
> find a German proxy server which allows me to go through all the stages
> of the Sipgate registration.

attn Me ...
Contrary to Sipgate in the UK, where they check your IP address to find out
you location, Sipgate Germany needs much more stringent rules.
They check your exact name and address, with the german Database of bank
accounts (SHUFA)
This is not a credit check as many people think, but a complete Database of
ALL german Bank account holders.
This is done on-line during the registration. If there is an *exact match*,
then you will get a german geographical number.
If negative, they will need the written proof of residency, e.g. copy of the
"Anmeldung" (registration in the city), copy of your phone or electricity
bill, etc ... Otherwise you will get a non-geographical number.
Going trough a german proxy will not help.

You may indeed need to find a helpful German

attn Ivor ....
I need a helpful Brit for a Sipgate.co.uk issue.
Can you please contact me by mail ? I can't find your e-mail address.

Regards
Philippe (Belgium)