Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco home lab frame relay hw question

Cisco home lab frame relay hw question

superkingkong superkingkong is offline
Junior Member

Hi all,

I just got my small lab to play around with. I have 3 routers,

Cisco 2503
Cisco 2621 and wic-1t
Cisco 2620xm and wic-1t

1. If i want to practice frame-relay, can i configure 2503 as a frame relay switch? ... since it has 2 serial ports and i have two routers

2. But i see most people use a NM-4as for frame relay. Is there any scenarios that i need 2 physical serial links for a router? i heard somewhere about multi link or multi point, care to explain?

3. and between wic-1t and WIC-1DSU-T1‎ in an home lab environment, any difference in terms of functionality? i think i can do frame relay with either one of them (using different cable types), but any other differences?

Sorry for those question, i'm a newbie in cisco stuff.
thanks so much.