Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > all-in-one bundled with paperport?

all-in-one bundled with paperport?

ng_reader

I really liked the PaperPort software that came with an old Visioneer
scanner; now no longer and sitting in some landfill I reckon.

I could use a new printer/scanner all-in-one --- As the inks for the one
today I have are sucking me dry...

When was the last time anyone bought either a scanner or all-in-one
printer and it included PaperPort?

And did they like it? I think my version of Paperport stopped at 7 or
so. It's up to 12 now (and it has that fun *internet activation* bonus
I'm told)

I could go out and buy PaperPort at NewEgg for $70 (which I know, is a
bargain) but if I need a new printer and it comes with it....

Any advice aside from snarkiness?

chuckcar

ng_reader <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:hmc0ac$4fk$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:

> I really liked the PaperPort software that came with an old Visioneer
> scanner; now no longer and sitting in some landfill I reckon.
>
> I could use a new printer/scanner all-in-one --- As the inks for the
> one today I have are sucking me dry...
>
> When was the last time anyone bought either a scanner or all-in-one
> printer and it included PaperPort?
>
> And did they like it? I think my version of Paperport stopped at 7 or
> so. It's up to 12 now (and it has that fun *internet activation* bonus
> I'm told)
>
> I could go out and buy PaperPort at NewEgg for $70 (which I know, is a
> bargain) but if I need a new printer and it comes with it....
>
> Any advice aside from snarkiness?

Don't buy a computer that comes with it's own scanner and printer.
Better yet *don't* buy a name brand computer at all. They've been
inferior since the 90's at least. Have a computer store build a computer
for you using retail parts. Then buy your periferals once you've found
the ones you want. You'll have the hardware and software you want and
you won't have a computer that dies inside of two years either.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Aardvark

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 00:24:25 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

> periferals

--
"The whole purpose of setting up Guantanamo Bay is for torture. Why do
this? Because you want to escape the rule of law.... Guantanamo and the