Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > A few new msconfig startup files

A few new msconfig startup files

Dave C.

Just checking my startup tab on msconfig, I noticed that I have two
new files there:

xvkwsftav
xctvsftav

I've tried to find out what these are through internet lists but I
could not find them anywhere. Maybe they are part of some recent
software I have loaded.

Any idea what they are and can I "uncheck" them?

Dave C.

JD

On 25/02/2010 6:22 PM, Dave C. wrote:
> Just checking my startup tab on msconfig, I noticed that I have two
> new files there:
>
> xvkwsftav
> xctvsftav
>
> I've tried to find out what these are through internet lists but I
> could not find them anywhere. Maybe they are part of some recent
> software I have loaded.
>
> Any idea what they are and can I "uncheck" them?
>
> Dave C.

Apparently its malware

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/viru...antivirus-soft

I'd get rid of that ASAP

JD

Dave C.

On Feb 25, 3:42*pm, JD <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 25/02/2010 6:22 PM, Dave C. wrote:
>
> > Just checking my startup tab on msconfig, I noticed that I have two
> > new files there:

> > xvkwsftav
> > xctvsftav

> > I've tried to find out what these are through internet lists but I
> > could not find them anywhere. *Maybe they are part of some recent
> > software I have loaded.

> > Any idea what they are and can I "uncheck" them?

> > Dave C.

> Apparently its malware
>
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/viru...antivirus-soft
>
> I'd get rid of that ASAP