Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 32-bit cd how to run on 64-bit computer

32-bit cd how to run on 64-bit computer

paulabelle

I just bought a new computer and my 32-bit cd's won't work. Is there a
program out there that will convert them so they are able to run on the
64-bit computer?

Jeff Gaines

On 24/02/2010 in message
<(E-Mail Removed)> paulabelle wrote:

>I just bought a new computer and my 32-bit cd's won't work. Is there a
>program out there that will convert them so they are able to run on the
>64-bit computer?

No, the programs would need to be re-written/re-compiled.
There is no reason why 32 bit programs shouldn't run on Windows 64 -
unless they have 16 bit installers which some may.
Can you be more specific about what won't run?

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
By the time you can make ends meet they move the ends

Bobby Johnson

Be more specific. What 32-bit cd's won't work on Windows 64-bit? Your
statement as it makes absolutely no sense. CD's are neither 32-bit nor
64-bit. Programs may be 16-bit, 32-bit, or 64-bit.

So, exactly do you mean?

On 2010-02-24 17:43, paulabelle wrote:
> I just bought a new computer and my 32-bit cd's won't work. Is there a
> program out there that will convert them so they are able to run on the
> 64-bit computer?

Phoenix

It shouldn't make a difference whether the OS that wrote the disks was
32-bit or 64-bit. Were they written with another CD-writing program? Or are
they older program disks? What error message do you get when you try to run
them? Have you tried Compatibility Mode?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...