Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > creating a batch file to disable and enable a device?

creating a batch file to disable and enable a device?

Gavin

Hi,

I've got a belkin card that continually needs to be disabled and re-enabled.
Can anyone point me to a batch file i could look at which would do roughly
the same thing? Or the commands that need to be added.

Cheers
Gavin

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi

The most common way to disconnect the Internet is to release the TCP/IP
stack using the ipconfig command.

Use Notepad (or ant other text editor to create two batch files.

IpReleas.bat should contain one line: ipconfig /release_all

IpRenew.bat should contain one line: ipconfig /renew_all

Drag a short cut from each file to a place of your choice (like the
Desktop).

Now you can disengage and engage by simple Double clicking.

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Gavin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I've got a belkin card that continually needs to be disabled and
> re-enabled. Can anyone point me to a batch file i could look at which
> would do roughly the same thing? Or the commands that need to be added.
>
> Cheers
> Gavin

Louis Vitiello Jr.

To add to Jack's reply,

If it's a Laptop you can use FN+F2 to disable, then use it again to
re-enable.

Hope this helps,

--
Louis Vitiello Jr.
------------------------------

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> The most common way to disconnect the Internet is to release the TCP/IP
> stack using the ipconfig command.
>
> Use Notepad (or ant other text editor to create two batch files.
>
> IpReleas.bat should contain one line: ipconfig /release_all
>
> IpRenew.bat should contain one line: ipconfig /renew_all
>
> Drag a short cut from each file to a place of your choice (like the
> Desktop).
>
> Now you can disengage and engage by simple Double clicking.
>
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>

> "Gavin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've got a belkin card that continually needs to be disabled and
>> re-enabled. Can anyone point me to a batch file i could look at which
>> would do roughly the same thing? Or the commands that need to be added.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Gavin

GTS

To add to Louis's reply,
The keypress to enable / disable wireless varies from one brand of laptop to
another. Yours may or may not use the combo mentioned.
--

"Louis Vitiello Jr." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> To add to Jack's reply,
>
> If it's a Laptop you can use FN+F2 to disable, then use it again to
> re-enable.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> --
> Louis Vitiello Jr.
> ------------------------------
> MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+/N+
> ERCP XP Pro / Net Concepts
>

> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi
>>
>> The most common way to disconnect the Internet is to release the TCP/IP
>> stack using the ipconfig command.
>>
>> Use Notepad (or ant other text editor to create two batch files.
>>
>> IpReleas.bat should contain one line: ipconfig /release_all
>>
>> IpRenew.bat should contain one line: ipconfig /renew_all
>>
>> Drag a short cut from each file to a place of your choice (like the
>> Desktop).
>>
>> Now you can disengage and engage by simple Double clicking.
>>
>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>>

>> "Gavin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've got a belkin card that continually needs to be disabled and
>>> re-enabled. Can anyone point me to a batch file i could look at which
>>> would do roughly the same thing? Or the commands that need to be added.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Gavin

GTS

and is applicable to built in wirelss, not a pcmcia card.