Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: What is the fastest sustainable web service response time?

Re: What is the fastest sustainable web service response time?

Ananth Ramasamy Meenachi

> Is it possible for a very fast web service to consistently provide an
> average 500 millisecond response time?

It depends. The Internet Bandwidth is one of the major factor which controls
the effective response performance (particularly the web Server). When you
have enough bandwidth @ both ends next comes the hardware (storage &
processing infrastructure). Best solution is going for CLOUD computing.
Check for AZURE platform.

> Is the internet itself too slow making this goal completely infeasible
> using current technology?

No way, any technology will fail to work with very low internet connection.

Let me know you objective so that I can explain some more on this.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...