Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > PMA a COMPLETE BUST!

PMA a COMPLETE BUST!

RichA

P&S crap, mock-ups and endless "concepts" and vague promises. What a
joke. Imagine going to a new auto show and finding out ALL the models
were of last year's car!!

Ray Fischer

RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>P&S crap, mock-ups and endless "concepts" and vague promises.

Boo hoo! And to think that you didn't even spend any money to attend.
You should ask for a refund.

--
Ray Fischer

NameHere

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:04:36 -0800 (PST), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>P&S crap, mock-ups and endless "concepts" and vague promises. What a
>joke. Imagine going to a new auto show and finding out ALL the models
>were of last year's car!!

Even worse, if all car models for this year were just as limited in use as
those of the whole last century. Just like all DSLRs are designed with last
century's crippling focal-plane shutters and loud camera-jarring slapping
mirrors. Now that would be truly sad.

Bob Williams

Val Hallah wrote:
> On Feb 23, 4:04 am, RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> P&S crap, mock-ups and endless "concepts" and vague promises. What a
>> joke. Imagine going to a new auto show and finding out ALL the models
>> were of last year's car!!

> Olympus sp800 looks great....out March 10th

The price is right but think about holding a 30X zoom at arm's length
because there is no EVF.
Bob Williams

Lucas

Maybe they are saving the "goodies" for Photokina in September?

"RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> P&S crap, mock-ups and endless "concepts" and vague promises. What a
> joke. Imagine going to a new auto show and finding out ALL the models
> were of last year's car!!

Chris Malcolm

In rec.photo.digital Bob Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Val Hallah wrote:
>> On Feb 23, 4:04 am, RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> P&S crap, mock-ups and endless "concepts" and vague promises. What a
>>> joke. Imagine going to a new auto show and finding out ALL the models
>>> were of last year's car!!

>> Olympus sp800 looks great....out March 10th

> The price is right but think about holding a 30X zoom at arm's length
> because there is no EVF.

Congrats if you can hold an 800mm (35mm film equiv) lens steady while
looking through a viewfinder!

The camera has a tripod mount. Guess what it's for

--
Chris Malcolm

Bruce

wrote:
>P&S crap, mock-ups and endless "concepts" and vague promises. What a
>joke. Imagine going to a new auto show and finding out ALL the models
>were of last year's car!!

You obviously haven't heard - we're in a recession.

As a Nikon user, I'm quite happy. I've ordered both the 24mm f/1.4
and the 16-35mm f/4 VR.

Paul Furman

Val Hallah wrote:
> Chris Malcolm wrote:
>> Bob Williams wrote:

>>> The price is right but think about holding a 30X zoom at arm's length
>>> because there is no EVF.

>> Congrats if you can hold an 800mm (35mm film equiv) lens steady while
>> looking through a viewfinder!
>>
>> The camera has a tripod mount. Guess what it's for

> I do fine with a sp590 (676mm)
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/4073283...24734453/meta/

Looks good other than washed out but the largest available is a 5x
reduction to 800 pixels from 3968 so it's not telling us anything.
Assuming that's a 2x teleconverter...

RichA

On Feb 23, 7:00*am, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:04:36 -0800 (PST), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >P&S crap, mock-ups and endless "concepts" and vague promises. *What a
> >joke. *Imagine going to a new auto show and finding out ALL the models
> >were of last year's car!!

> You obviously haven't heard - we're in a recession. *
>
> As a Nikon user, I'm quite happy. *I've ordered both the 24mm f/1.4
> and the 16-35mm f/4 VR.

Speaking of recession, how much did the two lenses cost?

Bruce

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 17:03:44 -0800 (PST), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Feb 23, 7:00*am, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:04:36 -0800 (PST), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >P&S crap, mock-ups and endless "concepts" and vague promises. *What a
>> >joke. *Imagine going to a new auto show and finding out ALL the models
>> >were of last year's car!!

>> You obviously haven't heard - we're in a recession. *
>>
>> As a Nikon user, I'm quite happy. *I've ordered both the 24mm f/1.4
>> and the 16-35mm f/4 VR.

>Speaking of recession, how much did the two lenses cost?

The 24mm f/1.4 was GBP 1949 and the 16-35mm f/4 VR was GBP 1049
including taxes (17.5% VAT). Those are retail prices.

I'm leasing over three years, and the total leasing cost (including
all interest) over that time will be slightly less than the retail
price. In other words, there is a discount which covers the extra
cost of leasing.