Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: CSV merge data via HTTP: redundant downloads?

Re: CSV merge data via HTTP: redundant downloads?

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

The answer was provided via the microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
newsgroup. It was propogated to the text newsgroup because the OP had
cross-posted to that group.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"~BD~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Mark McGinty wrote:
>> Peter,
>>
>> I was hoping you would reply! You may recal we discussed related
>> issues 6-8 months ago? Your input was quite valuable to say the least.

> Hello again, Mark
>
> Were you not surprised that someone took the trouble to answer you in a
> 'test' group?
>
> For my part, I've spent more than four years looking for 'unusual' things
> on the Internet and investigating what the 'bad guys' do. At times I have
> used that particular 'test' group to keep in touch with old contacts(!)but
> have been truly amazed at some things people post there.
>
> David H Lipman is something of a Malware guru and frequents many
> 'security'-type groups but that does not explain why he feels he has a
> need to monitor a 'test' group - does it?!!
>
> Maybe someone else can suggest a reason for Mr Lipman's interest in the
> 'test.here' group.
>
> Regardless, I'm pleased to see that you are obviously up and running again
> in *your* group!
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

If you look at the header of your message, you will see that it is posted to
the following newsgroups:

microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,24hoursuppo rt.helpdesk,microsoft.public.test.here

I replied to it in the first of those newsgroups.

The 24hoursupport.helpdesk newsgroup however cannot be resolved by my news
program so my responses are not being posted to that group.
--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"~BD~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
>> The answer was provided via the microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
>> newsgroup. It was propogated to the text newsgroup because the OP had
>> cross-posted to that group.
>>

> Hello Doug
>
> I confess to being totally confused by your response!
>
> I first saw a post made by Mark in the *test* newsgroup.
>
> This was his message header:
>

> From: "Mark McGinty" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Subject: so this NG works but the rest of microsoft.public is jacked?
> Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 08:02:42 -0800
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.test.here
>

> --
> Dave - hoping that Doug has mis-read the situation!

richard

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:39:10 -0500, Bullwinkle wrote:

> TROLL SPEAK BELOW!
>

> "~BD~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
>>
>> Looking at the headers of the messages, I see that it was ~BD~'s first
>> message that was the first one to be cross posted. Thereafter, unless
>> the headers of message trimmed, a reply to group ends up in all of the
>> groups (even apparently to a group in respect of which a message that
>> the group could not be resolved is received).
>>
>> I value Andy's comments about MVPs with what I paid for them.
>>

> Doug, in some ways you are correct. The first post I made - in *this*
> thread (in this newsgroup) I did, indeed, cross post.
>
> What you don't *seem* to have appreciated is that Mark McGinty had
> started a *different* thread in the MS "test' newsgroup - I suspect that
> you've not actually been there to look. Maybe it would help you to
> better understand if you did so now!
>
> What I had *tried* to do was offer a helping hand to Mr McGinty.
>
> I was, and indeed still am, curious about the reason why D.H.Lipman was
> also monitoring a test group (I explained why I was so doing). If I were
> *really* paranoid I'd suspect that he was simply stalking *me*!
>
> What explanation might you put forward?

Yes you are obviously a troll. You talk trash about how a certain person
does one thing, then you turn around and crosspost your totally asenine
reply to a group which has no bearing on the original discussion in any
way.

You are a total waste of time and bandwidth.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

My aim is to provide help to users who have problems with the application of
the software and I am not the least interested in what goes on in the test
newsgroup.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"~BD~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
>>
>> Looking at the headers of the messages, I see that it was ~BD~'s first
>> message that was the first one to be cross posted. Thereafter, unless
>> the headers of message trimmed, a reply to group ends up in all of the
>> groups (even apparently to a group in respect of which a message that
>> the group could not be resolved is received).
>>
>> I value Andy's comments about MVPs with what I paid for them.
>>

> Doug, in some ways you are correct. The first post I made - in *this*
> thread (in this newsgroup) I did, indeed, cross post.
>
> What you don't *seem* to have appreciated is that Mark McGinty had started
> a *different* thread in the MS "test' newsgroup - I suspect that you've
> not actually been there to look. Maybe it would help you to better
> understand if you did so now!
>
> What I had *tried* to do was offer a helping hand to Mr McGinty.
>
> I was, and indeed still am, curious about the reason why D.H.Lipman was
> also monitoring a test group (I explained why I was so doing). If I were
> *really* paranoid I'd suspect that he was simply stalking *me*!
>
> What explanation might you put forward?
>
> --
> Dave - cross posting restored, as other groups were already involved.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

In 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Doug Robbins - Word MVP cross-posted:

> My aim is to provide help to users who have problems with the
> application of the software and I am not the least interested in what
> goes on in the test newsgroup.

Then you should take pains to make sure you don't post to it/them.

You could begin by using a newsreader that warns of cross-posts.

> -- Hope this helps,
>
> Doug Robbins - Word MVP
>
> Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my
> services on a paid professional basis.

I'd consider that, if I had an extra pfennig or two.

--
-bts

Bucky Breeder

richard <(E-Mail Removed)> via news:1tn6k1y29ee55$.1bflib1bpkd3$.dlg@
40tude.net:

> On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:39:10 -0500, Bullwinkle wrote:
>
>> TROLL SPEAK BELOW!
>>

>> "~BD~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
>>>
>>> Looking at the headers of the messages, I see that it was ~BD~'s first
>>> message that was the first one to be cross posted. Thereafter, unless
>>> the headers of message trimmed, a reply to group ends up in all of the
>>> groups (even apparently to a group in respect of which a message that
>>> the group could not be resolved is received).
>>>
>>> I value Andy's comments about MVPs with what I paid for them.
>>>

>> Doug, in some ways you are correct. The first post I made - in *this*
>> thread (in this newsgroup) I did, indeed, cross post.
>>
>> What you don't *seem* to have appreciated is that Mark McGinty had
>> started a *different* thread in the MS "test' newsgroup - I suspect that
>> you've not actually been there to look. Maybe it would help you to
>> better understand if you did so now!
>>
>> What I had *tried* to do was offer a helping hand to Mr McGinty.
>>
>> I was, and indeed still am, curious about the reason why D.H.Lipman was
>> also monitoring a test group (I explained why I was so doing). If I were
>> *really* paranoid I'd suspect that he was simply stalking *me*!
>>
>> What explanation might you put forward?

> Yes you are obviously a troll. You talk trash about how a certain person
> does one thing, then you turn around and crosspost your totally asenine
> reply to a group which has no bearing on the original discussion in any
> way.
>
> You are a total waste of time and bandwidth.

[... non-relevant newgropes snipped as recipients
to this invaluable and totally useful remark...]

Pot > kettle > doodiehed! LOLing...

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ;
so... what are your other 2 wishes?

POGO PUNY

In article <Xns9D294F78FA65BBuckyGram@216.151.153.167>,
Bucky Breeder <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.i t.out>
wrote:

> Pot > kettle > doodiehed! LOLing...

Poor BucKy...nice to see what mental illness looks like in action

Bucky Breeder

POGO PUNY <(E-Mail Removed)> via
news:(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:

> In article <Xns9D294F78FA65BBuckyGram@216.151.153.167>,
> Bucky Breeder <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.i t.out>
> wrote:
>
>> Pot > kettle > doodiehed! LOLing...

> Poor BucKy...nice to see what mental illness looks like in action

Pot > kettle > doodiehed! LOLing...

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ;
so... what are your other 2 wishes?

Bucky Breeder

POGO PUNY <(E-Mail Removed)> via
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> so THAT is what happens when my mama gets BuTT-****'d

Yeah... she has a lettle TURD like YOU who don't know its name
or how st00pip it looks - and a geriatric diaper smells no
matter what nym it morphs into! <GERIATRIC-DIAPER-WEDGIE-you!>

--

In article <Xns9D295748F2C55BuckyGram@207.246.207.164>,
wrote:

> POGO PUNY <(E-Mail Removed)> via
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
> >
> > so THAT is what happens when my mama gets BuTT-****'d

> Yeah... she has a lettle TURD like YOU who don't know its name
> or how st00pip it looks - and a geriatric diaper smells no
> matter what nym it morphs into! <GERIATRIC-DIAPER-WEDGIE-you!>

SO....u'r mama gets BuTT-****'d???

Nice

I expect that he learnt THAT from u FAG BOi