Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Windows7

Windows7

Phil Rhodes

My wife bought a new laptop with Windows7, and I got it up and running, but
everytime she opens the thing, she has to click on "Connect". There must be
a way to get it to look for our home wireless first. I mean, my Windows
Vista laptop can figure it out. I thought Windows 7 was SO MUCH BETTER!

Daddy

Are you challenging us to guess your network hardware and software
configuration?

This may help:

Setting Up a Home Network
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...a-home-network

A web search can yield substantial, helpful information. Just type this into
the search box of your favorite search engine: how to setup a home network
in windows 7

Daddy

"Phil Rhodes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My wife bought a new laptop with Windows7, and I got it up and running,
> but everytime she opens the thing, she has to click on "Connect". There
> must be a way to get it to look for our home wireless first. I mean, my
> Windows Vista laptop can figure it out. I thought Windows 7 was SO MUCH
> BETTER!

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
Connect one time and add the connection to the Wireless Manager.
http://www.ezlan.net/vista/wireless_manager.jpg
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"Phil Rhodes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My wife bought a new laptop with Windows7, and I got it up and running,
> but everytime she opens the thing, she has to click on "Connect". There
> must be a way to get it to look for our home wireless first. I mean, my
> Windows Vista laptop can figure it out. I thought Windows 7 was SO MUCH
> BETTER!

Phil Rhodes

Thanks, Jack, I figured it was something simple that I'd missed. That
'wireless manager' isn't part of Vista (as far as I know).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...