Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Associating MS Certs with Live Account

Associating MS Certs with Live Account

TPCI

A few years ago I received an MS business cert & an MCP cert. The place where
I worked paid for the tests, which in turn gave them points once I linked the
cert to their partner account. I left this company and started working in a
development environment, which didn't put much emphasis on MS certs. As
things have turned out, I've started working for a company that acquired my
old employer. I'm once again placed in a position where MS certs are
important. I went to retrive my certs, but found they were never activated
under a Windows Live account. However, they had been linked in the partner
site under my old email address (which I got back as the new company also
acquired the DNS domain name of the former company I worked for). I believe I
should have access to my MS certs any time I want and I want some record of
the tests I passed, even if I leave this current company. Right now I'm in
the position of associating the certs to my work live account or my personal
live account. I don't want to mix the two, but I don't want to loose access
to a live e-mail account I would probably loose if I left the company. Am I
making this out more than it really is? Any suggestions on this based on
perhaps a similar dilema the reader might have had would be appreciated.