Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Outlook causing programs to not respond in Windows 7

Outlook causing programs to not respond in Windows 7

Nathan Sokalski

Ever since I got Windows 7 I have been looking for a way to stop Outlook
2003 from interfering with the rest of my work. When I boot up, Outlook is
started as a process by Sync Center so that it can synchronize my mobile
device. Until now, the only problem that this had caused was the fact that
this allowed Outlook to keep giving me Reminder dialogs. That was annoying,
but at least I was able to close them when they popped up. But over the past
couple days I started spending some more time using Visual Studio 2008
again, and it has said Not Responding in the title bar 2 or 3 times already.
I decided to look at the details this time, and here is what they said:

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1
Application Name: devenv.exe
Application Version: 9.0.21022.8
Application Timestamp: 47317b3d
Hang Signature: b92f
Hang Type: 288
Waiting on Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE
Waiting on Application Version: 11.0.8312.0
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: b92f5c4a90ec8676e98964e92f2d8a1c
Additional Hang Signature 2: b034
Additional Hang Signature 3: b034e05f74746648a608a974570b7114
Additional Hang Signature 4: b92f
Additional Hang Signature 5: b92f5c4a90ec8676e98964e92f2d8a1c
Additional Hang Signature 6: b034
Additional Hang Signature 7: b034e05f74746648a608a974570b7114

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy
statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

The only part of this that even gave me any idea as to where to start for
solving the problem was the fact that the "Waiting on Application Name"
value was "OUTLOOK.EXE", which was open only as a process as I mentioned
earlier. I am not sure how this (assuming it is) is related to the problem,
so I was hoping someone could help me. The only guess I can come up with
(although I don't know how to test or fix it if it is correct) is that
OUTLOOK.EXE was trying to send a Reminder dialog while something else was
happening. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit. Hopefully someone can help
me fix this. Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
http://www.nathansokalski.com/

PvdG42

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ever since I got Windows 7 I have been looking for a way to stop Outlook
> 2003 from interfering with the rest of my work. When I boot up, Outlook is
> started as a process by Sync Center so that it can synchronize my mobile
> device. Until now, the only problem that this had caused was the fact that
> this allowed Outlook to keep giving me Reminder dialogs. That was
> annoying, but at least I was able to close them when they popped up. But
> over the past couple days I started spending some more time using Visual
> Studio 2008 again, and it has said Not Responding in the title bar 2 or 3
> times already. I decided to look at the details this time, and here is
> what they said:

> A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
>
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1
> Application Name: devenv.exe
> Application Version: 9.0.21022.8
> Application Timestamp: 47317b3d
> Hang Signature: b92f
> Hang Type: 288
> Waiting on Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE
> Waiting on Application Version: 11.0.8312.0
> OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
> Locale ID: 1033
> Additional Hang Signature 1: b92f5c4a90ec8676e98964e92f2d8a1c
> Additional Hang Signature 2: b034
> Additional Hang Signature 3: b034e05f74746648a608a974570b7114
> Additional Hang Signature 4: b92f
> Additional Hang Signature 5: b92f5c4a90ec8676e98964e92f2d8a1c
> Additional Hang Signature 6: b034
> Additional Hang Signature 7: b034e05f74746648a608a974570b7114
>
> Read our privacy statement online:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409
>
> If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy
> statement offline:
> C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
>

> The only part of this that even gave me any idea as to where to start for
> solving the problem was the fact that the "Waiting on Application Name"
> value was "OUTLOOK.EXE", which was open only as a process as I mentioned
> earlier. I am not sure how this (assuming it is) is related to the
> problem, so I was hoping someone could help me. The only guess I can come
> up with (although I don't know how to test or fix it if it is correct) is
> that OUTLOOK.EXE was trying to send a Reminder dialog while something else
> was happening. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit. Hopefully someone can
> help me fix this. Thanks.
> --
> Nathan Sokalski
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Why are you posting this in multiple newsgroups that have nothing to do with
Windows 7, and many of which have nothing to do with Outlook? I'm responding
from

microsoft.public.vsnet.general

Windows 7 support is available in web forums here:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...egory/windows7

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...egory/w7itpro/

Tom

Your best bet would be to ask this in the outlook groups. You already did
that here in one, but you could also try in the microsoft.public.outlook
group as well. And a little advice as well; never post your email address
with your sig, this is one way for spammers to mine names and add your name
to their list and the list gets shared in not so good ways.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ever since I got Windows 7 I have been looking for a way to stop Outlook
> 2003 from interfering with the rest of my work. When I boot up, Outlook is
> started as a process by Sync Center so that it can synchronize my mobile
> device. Until now, the only problem that this had caused was the fact that
> this allowed Outlook to keep giving me Reminder dialogs. That was
> annoying, but at least I was able to close them when they popped up. But
> over the past couple days I started spending some more time using Visual
> Studio 2008 again, and it has said Not Responding in the title bar 2 or 3
> times already. I decided to look at the details this time, and here is
> what they said:

> A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
>
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1
> Application Name: devenv.exe
> Application Version: 9.0.21022.8
> Application Timestamp: 47317b3d
> Hang Signature: b92f
> Hang Type: 288
> Waiting on Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE
> Waiting on Application Version: 11.0.8312.0
> OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
> Locale ID: 1033
> Additional Hang Signature 1: b92f5c4a90ec8676e98964e92f2d8a1c
> Additional Hang Signature 2: b034
> Additional Hang Signature 3: b034e05f74746648a608a974570b7114
> Additional Hang Signature 4: b92f
> Additional Hang Signature 5: b92f5c4a90ec8676e98964e92f2d8a1c
> Additional Hang Signature 6: b034
> Additional Hang Signature 7: b034e05f74746648a608a974570b7114
>
> Read our privacy statement online:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409
>
> If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy
> statement offline:
> C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
>

> The only part of this that even gave me any idea as to where to start for
> solving the problem was the fact that the "Waiting on Application Name"
> value was "OUTLOOK.EXE", which was open only as a process as I mentioned
> earlier. I am not sure how this (assuming it is) is related to the
> problem, so I was hoping someone could help me. The only guess I can come
> up with (although I don't know how to test or fix it if it is correct) is
> that OUTLOOK.EXE was trying to send a Reminder dialog while something else
> was happening. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit. Hopefully someone can
> help me fix this. Thanks.
> --
> Nathan Sokalski
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Nathan Sokalski

I didn't think I was.

microsoft.public.outlook.general This obviously is appropriate because it
is for Outlook, which is the source of the problem
microsoft.public.vsnet.general Since the problem is affecting Visual
Studio, this seems appropriate
microsoft.public.vsnet.setup Since the problem is affecting
Visual Studio and these were the first few times I had used it since
installing it, I figured this was appropriate
microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general OK, this one might not be
completely appropriate, but it is the closest thing I know of on this server
to a newsgroup for Windows 7
--
Nathan Sokalski
(E-Mail Removed)