Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Manulipate "Open With" Menu

Manulipate "Open With" Menu

Gary Cattelino

How can I manipulate the "Open With" menu in Windows 7? I have applications
I would like to have an option to use on certain types of data, and "Open
With" seems like the perfect solution if I could only add my choice to the
list. For example, use VLC to watch a .iso move file. Windows 7 only gives
a choice to burn the .iso file to my DVD burner and I would like to ad an
application like VLC to the "Open With" list so I have the option to also
watch the move. Thanks.

Zaidy036

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

> How can I manipulate the "Open With" menu in Windows 7? I have applications
> I would like to have an option to use on certain types of data, and "Open
> With" seems like the perfect solution if I could only add my choice to the
> list. For example, use VLC to watch a .iso move file. Windows 7 only gives
> a choice to burn the .iso file to my DVD burner and I would like to ad an
> application like VLC to the "Open With" list so I have the option to also
> watch the move. Thanks.

"Default Programs" Look in the Control Panel or type into the Run Box.

Then try the first entry and if your program is not listed use the
second choice.