Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Help with irda for using remote control

Help with irda for using remote control

rock

Hi,

I have XP Pro SP3 and want to use a remote control for Play/Stop etc
with Winamp.

My laptop has an irda panel and it is enabled but I only have remotes
from my DVD and VHS players.

I have seen a remote which uses a usb receiver with it but wondered how
I go about connecting the actual remote control so that it can be read
by the laptop irda instead of the usb one.

Can this be done?

Thanks

rock