Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Adding a Wired Computer to a Wireless Network

Adding a Wired Computer to a Wireless Network

Daddy

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question, but I just wanted to be 100% sure.

The computers on my wireless network are all programmed with the network SSID and password, obviously. Now I want to add a computer to the network with a wired connection.

The wired computer doesn't need to know the SSID or password, right? I mean, of course right, since the SSID/password combination is only used to authenticate wireless devices.

Right?

Daddy

Daddy

"Frankster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Daddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question, but I just wanted to be
> 100% sure.
>
> The computers on my wireless network are all programmed with the network
> SSID and password, obviously. Now I want to add a computer to the network
> with a wired connection.
>
> The wired computer doesn't need to know the SSID or password, right? I mean,
> of course right, since the SSID/password combination is only used to
> authenticate wireless devices.
>
> Right?
>
> Daddy
>
> Right.
>
> -Frank

Thanks. Sometimes you just need to hear it from someone else.

Daddy